GA Pilot Sues San Francisco International Airport | Aero-News Network
Aero-News Network
RSS icon RSS feed
podcast icon MP3 podcast
Subscribe Aero-News e-mail Newsletter Subscribe

Airborne Unlimited -- Most Recent Daily Episodes

Episode Date

Airborne-Monday

Airborne-Tuesday

Airborne-Wednesday Airborne-Thursday

Airborne-Friday

Airborne On YouTube

Airborne-Unlimited-08.25.25

Airborne-NextGen-08.26.25

AirborneUnlimited-08.27.25

Airborne-AffordableFlyers-08.28.25

AirborneUnlimited-08.22.25

Tue, Sep 20, 2016

GA Pilot Sues San Francisco International Airport

Says Airport Is Pressuring Him To Relocate

The pilot of the last piston airplane based at San Francisco International Airport (KSFO) has sued the airport, claiming he is being pressured to move his Cessna 182 to a new home base.

Courthouse News Service reports that Robert Reinheimer says in his suit that his flight privileges were illegally suspended by then-airport director John Martin for alleged safety violations. Those allegations were determined to be unfounded by the FAA, and no enforcement action would be taken. However, he was not notified by the airport that the charges had been dismissed by the agency, and Martin did not respond to his request to have his privileges reinstated.

In his suit, Reinheimer says that since he first entered into the tie-down lease, the airport has "urged, encouraged and exerted various pressures on persons who parked their small piston single and twin engine aircraft at SFIA to move to other airports. For the past three years, plaintiff has been the only piston airplane tied down or home-based at SFIA."

His lease was current and his rent paid in August 2015 when Martin suspended his access to the airport secure area and his take-off and landing privileges. He is allowed to work on his airplane in its tie-down space, but cannot access any runway.

Martin has since retired, and the new airport manager, Ivar Satero, said through a spokesperson that the airport cannot comment on pending litigation.

Reinheimer names the city and county of San Francisco, as well as Martin as defendants in his suit. He is seeking full reinstatement of his airport privileges, as well as $100,000 in damages for "denial of access to personal property, discrimination, emotional distress and interference with contract."

(Cessna 182 pictured in file photo)

FMI: www.sfsuperiorcourt.org

Advertisement

More News

Aero-News: Quote of the Day (08.28.25)

“We have seen astounding demand for the G800, and the entire Gulfstream team is excited to begin making deliveries to our customers. The G800 is entering service with extraor>[...]

ANN's Daily Aero-Linx (08.28.25)

Aero Linx: Recreational Aviation Australia (RAAus) Recreational Aviation Australia is progressively working towards improving safety outcomes through a holistic approach to safety >[...]

Classic Klyde Morris (08.25.25)

Classic Klyde Morris From 11.07.16 (and Remembering Bob...) FMI: www.klydemorris.com>[...]

Airborne 08.25.25: Zenith Homecoming, VP Racing, Affordable Flying Expo 2025

Also: GADFLY AI-Driven Engine Analysis, Knockoff Iranian Drones, Russian Surveillance, 40 NASA Missions Chopped This year’s Zenith Homecoming event will soon be taking off at>[...]

Airborne 08.22.25: ARC Spinoff, Nat'l Championship Air Races, Hawkins Accident

Also: H55 Completes American Tour, Robinson Trade-Ins, Retired AV-8B Harrier, NS-35 Mission Organizers of the iconic annual Air Race Classic will soon be opening registration for t>[...]

blog comments powered by Disqus



Advertisement

Advertisement

Podcasts

Advertisement

© 2007 - 2025 Web Development & Design by Pauli Systems, LC