Top USAF Acquisitions Official Resigns | Aero-News Network
Aero-News Network
RSS icon RSS feed
podcast icon MP3 podcast
Subscribe Aero-News e-mail Newsletter Subscribe

Airborne Unlimited -- Most Recent Daily Episodes

Episode Date

Airborne-Monday

Airborne-Tuesday

Airborne-Wednesday Airborne-Thursday

Airborne-Friday

Airborne On YouTube

Airborne-Unlimited-08.25.25

Airborne-NextGen-08.26.25

AirborneUnlimited-08.27.25

Airborne-AffordableFlyers-08.28.25

AirborneUnlimited-08.22.25

Wed, Jul 30, 2008

Top USAF Acquisitions Official Resigns

Aides Say Kenneth Miller Was Under Investigation

The fallout from recent scandals involving the US Air Force continues. A senior USAF acquisitions official resigned Monday, less than two months after his civilian boss was forced out of the service.

The Associated Press reports Kenneth Miller was special assistant for acquisitions at the USAF under former Air Force Secretary Michael Wynne, who -- along with Air Force Chief of Staff General T. Michael Moseley -- resigned in June, following an investigation that revealed a decline in the Air Force's nuclear program focus, performance and effective leadership.

USAF spokesman Lt. Col. Mike Paoli said Miller was due to resign shortly after Wynne... but two congressional aides, speaking anonymously, told the AP Miller had been under Air Force investigation for leaking confidential information to the public, ahead of Pentagon approval to have the information released. Paoli would not confirm Miller was under investigation.

Though the departures of Wynne and Moseley were tied primarily to incidents involving mishandled nuclear material -- one involving Taiwan, and another in which an Air Force B-52 bomber flew across the United States carrying six armed nuclear cruise missiles -- Miller's resignation comes in the aftermath of the latest bungling of a US Air Force acquisitions program, this one the KC-X tanker contract to replace the service's aging fleet of KC-135s.

As ANN reported, the Pentagon announced earlier this month it would allow the KC-X competition to be rebid, after the Government Accountability Office uncovered "a number of prejudicial errors that call into question the Air Force's decision" to award the bid to a team comprised of EADS and Northrop Grumman.

That decision stripped decision-making authority from the Air Force, giving sole authority to select a winner to John J. Young Jr., undersecretary of defense for acquisition, technology and logistics.

FMI: www.af.mil

Advertisement

More News

Aero-News: Quote of the Day (08.28.25)

“We have seen astounding demand for the G800, and the entire Gulfstream team is excited to begin making deliveries to our customers. The G800 is entering service with extraor>[...]

ANN's Daily Aero-Linx (08.28.25)

Aero Linx: Recreational Aviation Australia (RAAus) Recreational Aviation Australia is progressively working towards improving safety outcomes through a holistic approach to safety >[...]

Classic Klyde Morris (08.25.25)

Classic Klyde Morris From 11.07.16 (and Remembering Bob...) FMI: www.klydemorris.com>[...]

Airborne 08.25.25: Zenith Homecoming, VP Racing, Affordable Flying Expo 2025

Also: GADFLY AI-Driven Engine Analysis, Knockoff Iranian Drones, Russian Surveillance, 40 NASA Missions Chopped This year’s Zenith Homecoming event will soon be taking off at>[...]

Airborne 08.22.25: ARC Spinoff, Nat'l Championship Air Races, Hawkins Accident

Also: H55 Completes American Tour, Robinson Trade-Ins, Retired AV-8B Harrier, NS-35 Mission Organizers of the iconic annual Air Race Classic will soon be opening registration for t>[...]

blog comments powered by Disqus



Advertisement

Advertisement

Podcasts

Advertisement

© 2007 - 2025 Web Development & Design by Pauli Systems, LC