Condit, Stonecipher Appear Together On TV | Aero-News Network
Aero-News Network
RSS icon RSS feed
podcast icon MP3 podcast
Subscribe Aero-News e-mail Newsletter Subscribe

Airborne Unlimited -- Most Recent Daily Episodes

Episode Date

Airborne-Monday

Airborne-Tuesday

Airborne-Wednesday Airborne-Thursday

Airborne-Friday

Airborne On YouTube

Airborne-Unlimited-11.24.25

AirborneNextGen-
11.18.25

Airborne-Unlimited-11.19.25

Airborne-AffordableFlyers-11.20.25

AirborneUnlimited-11.21.25

LIVE MOSAIC Town Hall (Archived): www.airborne-live.net

Tue, Dec 02, 2003

Condit, Stonecipher Appear Together On TV

Old Guard And New Guard Explain Boeing's Situation

"I looked at where the company was and how it could best go forward. I have committed almost 40 years of my life to this company. I want to see it succeed. And, my thought was, the best way to move this company forward is for me to step aside, say, OK, that is behind us, now let’s go forward. That’s where I am."

Those words from outgoing Boeing CEO Phil Condit, who resigned Monday in a move that surprised the aerospace industry.

Condit says he wasn't forced out. Still, Boeing has been under the microscope for alleged unethical behavior surrounding its procurement of a Pentagon contract for its new generation of rocket systems. Even though the ordeal is almost seven years behind Boeing, it still haunts the aerospace giant.

"We have taken action, in fact we took it right then," said Condit in an interview with Fox News Channel.

"We have continued to take action. But, you know, those are the kinds of things we want to get behind us, because they are in fact behind us."

Condit had been with Boeing since 1965. He has pride in his company and admitted the EELV (Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle) scandal hurt. "It hasn’t hurt the business as much as it has hurt the reputation. And we are proud of the reputation of this company and we want it to be stronger. That is what both Harry (Stonecipher, former Boeing Vice Chairman and now Condit's replacement as President and CEO) and I are committed to."

Forbes reports Condit won't get a nice kiss on his way out of the door at Boeing. He leaves without a parachute -- without any kind of extra compensation.

Condit says he's not being forced out.

But clearly, the company is ready to move on.

FMI: www.boeing.com

Advertisement

More News

ANN's Daily Aero-Linx (11.25.25)

Aero Linx: Vintage Sailplane Association The purpose of the Vintage Sailplane Association (VSA) is to promote the acquisition, restoration and flying of vintage sailplanes by its m>[...]

NTSB Final Report: Glasair GlaStar

Smoke Began Entering The Cockpit During The Landing Flare, And Then The Pilot Noticed Flames... Analysis: The pilot reported that about 30 minutes into the local flight, he heard s>[...]

ANN FAQ: Turn On Post Notifications

Make Sure You NEVER Miss A New Story From Aero-News Network Do you ever feel like you never see posts from a certain person or page on Facebook or Instagram? Here’s how you c>[...]

Classic Aero-TV: Red Tail Project Update – Taking the Mission to the People

From 2010 (YouTube Edition): The Red Tail Project Continues Effort Towards ‘Rise Above Program’ The Red Tail Project is a true example of this unbreakable spirit. In 20>[...]

Airborne 11.24.25: ANN's 30th!, Starship’s V3 Booster Boom, Earhart Records

Also: 1st-Ever Space Crime Was a Fraud, IAE Buys Diamonds, Kennon Bows Out, Perseverance Rover An interesting moment came about this past Sunday as ANN CEO, Jim Campbell, noted tha>[...]

blog comments powered by Disqus



Advertisement

Advertisement

Podcasts

Advertisement

© 2007 - 2025 Web Development & Design by Pauli Systems, LC