Additional Lawsuits Expected Following Jenni Rivera Lear 25 Accident | Aero-News Network
Aero-News Network
RSS icon RSS feed
podcast icon MP3 podcast
Subscribe Aero-News e-mail Newsletter Subscribe

Airborne Unlimited -- Most Recent Daily Episodes

Episode Date

Airborne-Monday

Airborne-Tuesday

Airborne-Wednesday Airborne-Thursday

Airborne-Friday

Airborne On YouTube

Airborne-Unlimited-08.25.25

Airborne-NextGen-08.26.25

AirborneUnlimited-08.27.25

Airborne-AffordableFlyers-08.28.25

AirborneUnlimited-08.22.25

Mon, Jan 14, 2013

Additional Lawsuits Expected Following Jenni Rivera Lear 25 Accident

Families Of Those On Board Will Seek Damages From Rivera's Company, Aircraft Manager, Others

The families of four of the people fatally injured when a Lear 25 carrying Latina singer Jenni Rivera and six other people went down in Mexico have filed lawsuits against the singer's company, as well as the companies that owned and managed the airplane and other agencies.

Television station KTLA reports that those bringing the suit include the families of publicist Auturo Rivera, hairdresser George Vasquez, makeup artist Jacob Yeabale, and attorney Mario Pacheco.

In a news conference held in Los Angeles Thursday, attorneys Paul Kiesel and Steven Archer said the plaintiffs hold that Rivera, through her company Jenni Rivera Enterprises, was negligent when she hired the 43-year-old jet for the trip. The families are also seeking damages from Starwood Management and Rodatz financial group, which owned the jet when it went down. Also named is McOco Inc., the Lear's previous owner. Rivera's family is not named in the suit.

In the news conference, the attorney pointed out that, according to the FAA, the jet had been damaged in 2005. They also have questions about the two pilots on board. The person listed as Pilot in Command was 78 years old. The copilot was 20.

The lawyers representing the families said they would not seek punitive damages from Rivera's company. NBC Latino reports that the suit was filed in Los Angeles county rather than in Mexico because the airplane was of U.S. registry, and should have complied with U.S. safety standards.

The NTSB sent a team to Mexico to assist in the investigation.

FMI: www.lasuperiorcourt.org

Advertisement

More News

ANN's Daily Aero-Linx (08.27.25)

Aero Linx: The American Society of Aerospace Medicine Specialists (ASAMS) The Society is a non-profit organization created to serve as a voice for and represent the professional ne>[...]

ANN's Daily Aero-Term (08.27.25): Class C Service

Class C Service This service provides, in addition to basic radar service, approved separation between IFR and VFR aircraft, and sequencing of VFR aircraft, and sequencing of VFR a>[...]

ANN FAQ: Submit a News Story!

Have A Story That NEEDS To Be Featured On Aero-News? Here’s How To Submit A Story To Our Team Some of the greatest new stories ANN has ever covered have been submitted by our>[...]

Airborne-NextGen 08.26.25: Iran UAV Knockoffs, X-37B Spaceplane, Army Training

Also: ERAU Uses UAVs, P550 Group 2 UAS, Starship’s Florida Launches, NASA Missions Chopped The Air Force has put out a call to commission a one-to-one copy of the Iranian-des>[...]

Classic Klyde Morris (08.25.25)

Classic Klyde Morris From 11.07.16 (and Remembering Bob...) FMI: www.klydemorris.com>[...]

blog comments powered by Disqus



Advertisement

Advertisement

Podcasts

Advertisement

© 2007 - 2025 Web Development & Design by Pauli Systems, LC