Thu, Jul 26, 2012
Oshkosh 2012 Sponsor: Hilton Software
Founded in 2003, Hilton Software LLC is a market-leader in the development of leading-edge aviation software for General Aviation, Commercial, and Military pilots. WingX specialized in software for smartphones and tablet devices, including iOS and Android platforms.
The latest version of the WingX Pro 7 software features Track Up capability. By leveraging the multi-layered architecture of its patent-pending split-screen technology, WingX Pro7 seamlessly rotates VFR and IFR enroute charts so that the aircraft is always traveling up the screen. WingX Pro7 rotates airport and fix identifiers, VOR identifiers and frequencies, as well as ADS-B weather and traffic and other important information.
Earlier this year, the company rolled out the addition of ADS-B traffic to WingX Pro7 that seamlessly integrates traffic targets into its unique patent-pending dual-screen moving map. WingX Pro7 supports 1090 MHz ADS-B traffic and as well as 978 MHz ADS-B traffic. WingX Pro 7’s moving map now highlights obstacles on enroute charts and dynamically declutters the screen as the user pinch-zooms. Flight Simulation Mode that enables pilots to pre-fly an entire flight, portion of a flight, or an approach into an airport.
Previous updates include Synthetic Vision, terrain overlays, and the new Passive RADAR Altimeter delivered right to your smartphone or tablet device. WingX is aviailable as an app download from both the Google and Apple app stores.
Did You Know? Great Facts About WingX!
- WingX is available for most popular mobile devices operating both iOS and Android operating systems.
- WingX makes packages available for regional carriers and major airlines.
- Track Up represents your route of flight so that it always is traveling up the screen.
- WingX Pro7 rotates airport and fix identifiers, VOR identifiers and frequencies, as well as ADS-B weather and traffic and other important information.
- WingX Pro7 supports 1090 MHz ADS-B traffic as well as 978 MHz ADS-B.
- WingX Pro7’s moving map highlights obstacles on enroute charts and dynamically declutters the screen as the user pinch-zooms.
- WingX Pro 7 is compatible with Aspen's Connected Panel technology.
- WingX Pro 7 was recognized by ANN as the "Best Aviation Software at Oshkosh 2011"
- WingX Pro7’s Synthetic Vision depicts 3D terrain using a high-resolution terrain database, obstacles using a comprehensive obstacle database, and airport runways.
FMI: www.wingx.com. Oshkosh Display Booth #4069
Maneuver Performed Aboard CVN 77 The Navy's X-47B Unmanned Combat Air System Demonstrator (UCAS-D) began touch and go landing operations aboard the aircraft carrier USS George H.W.>[...]
HTF7000 Series Surpasses 1.5 Million Flight Hours With Better Than 99 Percent Dispatch Reliability Honeywell has announced that its HTF7350, the latest engine to join its successfu>[...]
Also: PC-12 Record, Maule Nation, Cockpit Lockout, 34,000 Airliners Needed, Beechcraft Wins Big Contract You know you're having a bad day when a flight goes so bad that you feel yo>[...]
Four Buried As A Group May 2 A Navy Pilot, missing from the Vietnam War, has been accounted-for and was buried with full military honors along with his crew. According to the Depar>[...]
Forest Service Smoke Jumpers Smokejumping was first proposed in 1934 by T.V. Pearson, the Forest Service Intermountain Regional Forester, as a means to quickly provide initial atta>[...]