Fri, May 03, 2013
After a meeting that lasted more than four hours on April 30, the Santa Monica City Council voted unanimously for a proposed 250-percent increase in landing fees at the city’s general aviation airport, Santa Monica Municipal Airport (KSMO).
A brand new high flying animated adventure film will be ready for take off at this year's AirVenture in Oshkosh. Those attending the EAA spectacular this year will have the opportunity to experience a Special Preview Screening of the Disney animated feature "Planes" at the Fly-In Theater on Friday night, August 2, one week before the movie opens in theaters nationwide. A Boeing 747-400 belonging to National Air Cargo went down Monday afternoon at Bagram Air Field in Afghanistan. The plane reportedly had seven crew members and five military vehicles on board. All this... and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 05.03.13 is chock full of info about the half-week period ending Friday, May 3rd, 2013... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Ashley Hale, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Glen Moyer, this episode covers:
- 'Draconian' Landing Fee Increase At Santa Monica Opposed By GA Industry
- AirVenture Attendees Get Preview Screening Of 'Disney's Planes'
- Civilian 747-400 Supporting Military Operations Down In Afghanistan
- New Release Of ForeFlight Mobile Available For Download
- WingX Offers Tips For Map Overlays
- Cessna's New Citation Sovereign Makes First Production Flight
- YouTube Video Shows Paraglider Pilot Chasing, Kicking At An Owl
- FAA Certifies ATR-600
- Gamera II Still In Pursuit Of Sikorsky Prize
- ANNouncement: Now Accepting Applications For Oshkosh 2013 Stringers!!!
- Despicablimp on Tour for Despicable Me 2
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, in just a few days!
© 2013, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.
AD NUMBER: 2013-15-06 PRODUCT: Certain Bombardier, Inc. Model DHC-8-102, -103, -106, -201, -202, -301, -311, and –315 airplanes.>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2013-26-05 PRODUCT: All Dassault Aviation Model FAN JET FALCON, FAN JET FALCON SERIES C, D, E, F, and G airplanes; Model MYSTERE-FALCON 200 airplanes; and Model MYSTERE->[...]
Learn to Fly Blog This blog features writings by aviation authors and flight instructors.>[...]
A turn executed by the aircraft during the initial approach between the end of the outbound track and the beginning of the intermediate or final approach track.>[...]
“In the near future, general aviation manufacturers will be able to certify their products more efficiently and effectively, meaning more safety in more airplanes.” Sou>[...]