Copiah County Airport Celebrates New Runway With Nov. 1 Fly-In | Aero-News Network
Aero-News Network
RSS icon RSS feed
podcast icon MP3 podcast
Subscribe Aero-News e-mail Newsletter Subscribe

Airborne Unlimited -- Recent Daily Episodes

Episode Date

AMA Drone Report

Airborne-Monday

Airborne-Tuesday

Airborne-Wednesday

Airborne-Thursday

Airborne-Friday

Airborne-Unmanned w/AUVSI

Airborne On ANN

AMA 07.20.17

Airborne 07.17.17

Airborne 07.18.17

Airborne 07.19.17

Airborne 07.20.17

Airborne 07.21.17

Airborne-Unmanned 07.18.17

Airborne-YouTube

AMA 07.20.17

Airborne 07.17.17

Airborne 07.18.17

Airborne 07.19.17

Airborne 07.20.17

Airborne 07.21.17

Airborne-Unmanned 07.18.17

NEW!!! 2017 AirVenture Innovation Preview -- YouTube Presentation / Vimeo Presentation

Fri, Oct 24, 2014

Copiah County Airport Celebrates New Runway With Nov. 1 Fly-In

First New Runway Constructed In Mississippi In More Than A Decade

The first new runway constructed in more than a decade in the state of Mississippi will be unveiled at a celebratory ribbon cutting and aircraft fly-in at the Copiah County Airport (M11) on Saturday, November 1 at 10 a.m.

The new 4,000 x 75-feet runway, with runway lights and pilot navigational aids, replaces an outdated 3,000-foot runway. Aircraft operators will benefit from the longer length and allows the airport to welcome more complex aircraft, according to Ronnie Barlow, County Administrator.

“Not only has our safety and operational capacity been improved with this new runway, but the economic impact opportunities to enhance our communities and county will have a tremendous long-term benefit.” he explained.

An airport fly-in will be hosted by the County and Grassroots Aviation, the airport’s Fixed Base Operator, along with a special ribbon cutting ceremony as part of the Saturday celebration. Invited guests include the Copiah County Board of Supervisors; local community leaders; Rans Black, Manager of the FAA district office in Jackson; Tommy Booth, aeronautics director for the Mississippi Dept. of Transportation; Congressman Bennie D. Thompson (D), representing the 2nd District of Mississippi; and U.S. Senators Thad Cochran (R) and Roger Wicker (R).

The new runway cost approximately $6 million for land acquisition, design and construction. The FAA paid 90 percent of the project cost with Copiah County and MDOT paying the remaining 10 percent. It is the first new airport runway construction since the 2003 opening of the new Tunica airport.

FMI: www.copiahcounty.org

Advertisement

More News

Airborne-Unmanned 07.18.17: Moon Express, DJI Drone Hacks, Airdog Sports-Drone

Also: Ride Sharing, Indago UAS, S Korean Tiltrotor UAV, Drone Simulators, Airborne-Unmanned This is SERIOUS Unmanned Vehicle technology! Moon Express, one of the competitors in the>[...]

It's ALIVE! 2017 AirVenture Innovation Preview Program Now Available

Get The Inside Details On THE Most Exciting NEW Innovations And Product Announcements From OSHKOSH 2017... The staff of EAA and the Aero-News Network were pleased to release the la>[...]

AMA Drone Report 07.20.17: FAST Drones, GeoFencing, Certified Drone Photographer

Also: SureFly Helicopter Concept, 'Design a Drone', Raleigh v Drones, Aero-TV: AMA's David Mathewson The Drone Racing League recently tested the fastest racing drone, and set the G>[...]

Airborne 07.21.17: TruTrak Completes STC!, SureFly Helicopter, TDRS-M Satellite

Also: Oshkosh Airshows!, M400 Skycar Baloney, Apollo-Era Computers, Rockwell Collins TDR-94Ds, CAAS-EASA, Vega Prepared TruTrak Flight Systems has completed the STC of the Vizion a>[...]

Airborne 07.20.17: ForeFlight Scout, Airbus SAGITTA UAV, Privatization Fight

Also: NASA P2006T, Robert Sumwalt, First FL Legacy 500, Tuskegee Airmen, New RAF Trainer, VFA-115 ForeFlight has announced the availability of Scout, a portable, dual-band ADS-B re>[...]

blog comments powered by Disqus



Advertisement

Advertisement

Podcasts

Advertisement

© 2007 - 2017 Web Development & Design by Pauli Systems, LC