Thu, Nov 01, 2012
2-inch Glass Standby Display Unveiled by Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics
The MD302 Standby Attitude Module — SAM™ — is the industry’s newest generation of 2-inch standby instruments. SAM provides attitude, altitude, airspeed and slip information to the pilot during normal operation or in the case of primary instrument failure.
SAM delivers an easy-to-fit, compact design with selectable orientation (horizontal and vertical) like no other, ensuring a perfect fit within any panel. The unique two-screen display features high-definition graphics and extra-wide viewing angles.
Entirely self-contained, SAM weighs just 1.6 pounds and fits in less panel space than a standard set of 2-inch mechanical attitude, altitude and airspeed indicators.
SAM will be on display at the Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics booth #3482 throughout the NBAA Annual Meeting and Convention in Orlando, Florida.
Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics is an industry leader in the overhaul/exchange, repair, design and manufacture of aircraft instruments, avionics and power solutions for OEM forward fit and aftermarket installations.
With facilities in Wichita, Kansas and Van Nuys, California, Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics serves customers worldwide.
True Blue Power® is an innovator in the design and manufacture of next-generation power solutions. Current production includes aircraft inverters, batteries and emergency power supplies. True Blue Power products combine revolutionary technology with superior quality, ingenuity and decades of experience.
Mid-Continent... In The News!
The TOP TEN Things You May Not Know About Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics overhauls, exchanges and repairs more than 15,000 units each year.
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics manufactures 20,000 new units each year.
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics has the expertise to overhaul more than 5,000 different products.
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics boasts 99.9% on-time delivery for all OEM shipments.
- True Blue Power® is a division of Mid-Continent Instrument Co., Inc., specializing in aircraft inverters, batteries and emergency power supplies.
- Electric Gyro Corporation is a division of Mid-Continent Instrument Co., Inc.
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics repairs Bendix/King autopilots, weather radars and Silver Crown Avionics.
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics’ California location recently expanded its repair capabilities to include Collins Pro Line I and II avionics.
- Online ordering is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week — www.mcico.com.
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics has been serving General Aviation since 1964 — 48 years and counting!
Cited For Focus On Maintaining And Improving Best Practices Four European companies have been recognized for their commitment to safe operations as recipients of the 2013 European >[...]
Rotax Is NOT The Only Player In Sport Aviation Propulsion Ya gotta hand to Viking... in an industry so VERY well dominated by Rotax, it takes some serious talent and extraordinary >[...]
The European Cockpit Association The European Cockpit Association (ECA) was created in 1991 and is the representative body of European pilots at European Union (EU) level. It repre>[...]
With respect to ATC clearances, means aircraft whose altitude, position, and intentions are known to ATC.>[...]
"(T)he PC-24 is a completely new development – not a 'me too product'." Source: Oscar J. Schwenk, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Pilatus, introducing the company's new>[...]