Embraer Projects Market Demand For 6,400 New Regional Jet Deliveries | Aero-News Network
Aero-News Network
RSS icon RSS feed
podcast icon MP3 podcast
Subscribe Aero-News e-mail Newsletter Subscribe

Airborne Unlimited -- Recent Daily Episodes

Episode Date

Airborne Unlimited-
Monday

Airborne Unmanned-
Alt. Wednesdays

Airborne Flight Training-Alt. Wednesdays

Airborne Unlimited-
Friday

Airborne Special Programs!
Airborne-YouTube  Airborne Unlimited--08.03.20 Airborne-Unmanned--08.05.20   NEW! Airborne-Flight Training--07.29.20 Airborne Unlimited--08.07.20  The 2020 Avionics Innovation Preview!

Airborne On ANN

Airborne Unlimited--08.03.20

Airborne-Unmanned--08.05.20

NEW! Airborne-Flight Training--07.29.20

Airborne Unlimited--08.07.20

Airborne's Annual April 1st Episode

Wed, Jul 13, 2016

Embraer Projects Market Demand For 6,400 New Regional Jet Deliveries

Demand Solid In The 70-130+ Seat Segment

Embraer has released its 2016-2035 Market Outlook, which details forecasted deliveries of new aircraft over the next 20 years. The company projects market demand for 6,400 new jets in the 70-130+ seat capacity category (2,300 units in the 70-90 seat segment and 4,100 units in the 90-130+ seat segment), worth $300 billion, by 2035.

The global 70-130+ seat jet fleet in service will increase from 2,670 aircraft in 2015 to 6,690 by 2035, the fastest growing segment among all aircraft seat capacities. Market growth will drive 63% of total demand and the remaining 37% will be delivered to replace aging aircraft.

System-wide demand for air transport — measured in revenue-passenger kilometers (RPKs) — is expected to grow on average at 4.7% annually by 2035, fueled by stronger domestic demand in Advanced Economies and improvements in the macro environment in a number of distressed economies in Emerging Markets.

While region-specific outlooks may vary considerably, globally, the prospect for growth remains bright over the next 20 years driven by a gradual move from a share-driven market strategy to one of disciplined capacity growth with a commitment to strong earnings and return on invested capital.

Oil prices will continue to play an important role in the evolution of air passenger traffic and the deployment of aircraft capacity in the coming years. "Apart from the obvious near-term positive effect on airline balance sheets, the low price of oil may exacerbate the overcapacity problem by tempting airlines to stimulate demand with fuel cost pass-through. Greater control in matching aircraft capacity to market demand will be an ever-present strategy to keep revenues ahead of costs over the long run," said John Slattery, President & CEO, Embraer Commercial Aviation.

Sound financial performance via higher profits and strong non-fuel cost discipline is one of the main pillars to long-term sustainability. Right-sized aircraft call for a new, smarter approach that maximizes opportunities and optimizes revenues and returns with a more prudent solution to seek out untapped opportunities and to increase capacity and flight frequency, while preserving unit revenues.

"The E-Jets lie at the heart of the 70-130+ seat segment. As the most efficient family of aircraft in the segment, they are perfectly positioned to maximize profitability for both airlines and leasing companies," Slattery said.

(Source: Embraer news release. Images from file)

FMI: www.embraer.com

Advertisement

More News

WWII Warbirds Readying For The 75th Commemoration Of The End Of WWII

“Salute Their Service, Honor Their Hope” Is The Theme Of The Commemoration In Hawaii Co-Chairs of the 75th Commemoration of the End of WWII are looking forward to the p>[...]

NTSB Prelim: Cessna 140

About 2 Minutes Into The Flight, The Engine Started To Run A "Little Bit Rough And Shaky" On July 18, 2020, about 0745 central daylight time, a Cessna 140 airplane, N140AB, was sub>[...]

Eastern Michigan University Aviation Program Clarifies Upcoming Changes

...They Are NOT Closing, But Changes Are Definitely Underway The Eastern Michigan University Aviation Program is putting out the word that they are NOT closing, but changes are def>[...]

OC Air Show Still On Track After City Coughs Up Another $100K

Air Show Producer Claims Major Losses Due To Pandemic The OC Air Show will take place on its rescheduled date of August 15-16, 2020. "The beautiful beaches and oceanfront of Ocean >[...]

Classic Aero-TV: How To Start A GREAT Aero-Life -- Horizon Hobby’s Alex Vanover

From 2015: Alex Has An Amazing Future Ahead Of Him... Because He Wants It It seems like most pilots love their toys, and even more so if they fly. ANN CEO and Editor-In-Chief, Jim >[...]

blog comments powered by Disqus



Advertisement

Advertisement

Podcasts

Advertisement

© 2007 - 2020 Web Development & Design by Pauli Systems, LC