ANN is aggrieved to report that former Sikorsky President Jeff Pino and his friend, Nicholas Tramontano, were reported killed last Friday in the crash of Pino's P-51 Mustang, named 'Big Beautiful Doll.'
The airplane went down near Maricopa, Arizona. A massive presence in the military, civilian and business aviation community, the retired Sikorsky Boss was a good friend to ANN, a valued member of the 'Let Bob Fly,' inner circle and certainly one of the best amongst us. Pilots flying for United Continental Holdings will get some specialized training designed to boost safety and improve communications. And while the airline says the program is "forward-looking", it does follow a strongly-worded letter sent to pilots last year concerning "major safety events and near misses." As previously reported, a skydive company named Skydive Myrtle Beach, and Horry County, South Carolina have been in a protracted battle about whether or not Skydive Myrtle Beach should be allowed to operate on their airport. Part of the issue is an increasingly questionable claim the skydiving company has numerous safety violations -- without any proof. All this -- and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 02.08.16 is chock full of info in this Daily News Episode, Monday, February 8th, 2016... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Brianne Cross, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Earl Downs, this episode covers:
- P-51 'Big Beautiful Doll' Down In Arizona, Jeff Pino Lost
- United Pilots To Receive Special Training
- More Letter Groups Come Out Against FAA Reauthorization Bill
- FAA Misses Skydive Myrtle Beach FOIA Deadline
- AVW: Must Watch! Westjet 737 drifting away from the bridge due to strong winds
- FAA Unions Reject Proposal To Privatize ATC
- P-51C Mustang 'Tuskegee Airmen' Sustains Damage In Gear-Up Landing
- New And Improved Orion Crew Module Arrives At KSC
- NATA Launches Industry-Wide Misfueling Prevention Awareness Training
- Combined Commercial And CFI Syllabus Available As A Free Download
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne Unlimited" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, tomorrow!
© 2016, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.