Sun, Feb 10, 2013
At a news conference today, NTSB Chairman Deborah A.P. Hersman identified the origin of the Jan. 7 battery fire that occurred on a Japan Airlines 787 parked at Boston Logan Airport, and said that a focus of the investigation will be on the design and certification requirements of the battery system.
Among the names being mentioned to replace Ray LaHood as Secretary of Transportation is NTSB chair Deborah A.P. Hersman, and some in the know say she is the leading candidate for the post. When Felix Baumgartner stepped off his capsule into the fringe of space, he began a freefall that eventually reached 843.6 miles per hour ... or Mach 1.25. That made him the first human to break the sound barrier without any kind of mechanical assistance. But we already knew that. All this... and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 02.08.13 is chock full of info about the half-week period ending Friday, February 8th, 2013... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Ashley Hale, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Glen Moyer, this episode covers:
- NTSB Reveals 787 Battery Failure info
- NTSB's Hersman Mentioned As Possible New Secretary Of Transportation
- Boeing Asks FAA To Lift 787 Flight Ban For Testing
- Baumgartner Broke Mach 1 And Then Some
- New Florida Home Spells A New Chapter For Renegade
- NBAA Renames Annual U.S. Show 'Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition'
- Flight Design Adds Dynon ADS-B
- Federal Indictments Handed Up In 2008 Helicopter Accident
- Esterline CMC Electronics to Supply Avionics For Pilatus PC-21 Programs
- Barnstorming: TSA Steals Chocolate
- FAA Issues SAFO For L-39 Canopies
- Iranian President Says He'd Fly In Space
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, in just a few days!
© 2013, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.
Countries From Around The World Participated In The 38th World Military Parachuting Championship Competition In Indonesia The competition is part of a program administered through >[...]
NBAA/CAN Soiree One of the much-anticipated events of the NBAA conference, being held this year in Orlando.>[...]
A fixed, nozzle shaped opening near the leading edge of a wing that ducts air onto the top surface of the wing.>[...]
“SNC is offering access to crewed or uncrewed space missions." Source: John Roth, vice president of business development for SNC’s Space Systems.>[...]
Get Aero-News Delivered To Your E-Mail We know you, like many of our readers, make it a point to check out the latest news and information daily on Aero-News... but did you know th>[...]