Sun, Feb 10, 2013
At a news conference today, NTSB Chairman Deborah A.P. Hersman identified the origin of the Jan. 7 battery fire that occurred on a Japan Airlines 787 parked at Boston Logan Airport, and said that a focus of the investigation will be on the design and certification requirements of the battery system.
Among the names being mentioned to replace Ray LaHood as Secretary of Transportation is NTSB chair Deborah A.P. Hersman, and some in the know say she is the leading candidate for the post. When Felix Baumgartner stepped off his capsule into the fringe of space, he began a freefall that eventually reached 843.6 miles per hour ... or Mach 1.25. That made him the first human to break the sound barrier without any kind of mechanical assistance. But we already knew that. All this... and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 02.08.13 is chock full of info about the half-week period ending Friday, February 8th, 2013... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Ashley Hale, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Glen Moyer, this episode covers:
- NTSB Reveals 787 Battery Failure info
- NTSB's Hersman Mentioned As Possible New Secretary Of Transportation
- Boeing Asks FAA To Lift 787 Flight Ban For Testing
- Baumgartner Broke Mach 1 And Then Some
- New Florida Home Spells A New Chapter For Renegade
- NBAA Renames Annual U.S. Show 'Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition'
- Flight Design Adds Dynon ADS-B
- Federal Indictments Handed Up In 2008 Helicopter Accident
- Esterline CMC Electronics to Supply Avionics For Pilatus PC-21 Programs
- Barnstorming: TSA Steals Chocolate
- FAA Issues SAFO For L-39 Canopies
- Iranian President Says He'd Fly In Space
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, in just a few days!
© 2013, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.
Also: Albania Auction, Aero-Community: AEA!, 500 F-35 Hours, SeaPort Airlines, Maxcraft Avionics, Air Power Museum, Webb Space Telescope FAA Administrator Michael Huerta told a UAV>[...]
Space Adventures Space Adventures' vision is to open spaceflight and the space frontier to private citizens. Over the next decade Space Adventures will fly more people to space tha>[...]
ATC authorization for an aircraft to climb to VFR conditions within Class B, C, D, and E surface areas when the only weather limitation is restricted visibility.>[...]
“U.S. airlines are vital to the health of our nation’s economy, and the flying public should not be asked to foot the bill for deficit reduction.” Source: Stateme>[...]
Bob Has Asked ANN To Help Him Tell A Story That Could Transform The Fight For Airmen Rights... YOU Can Help! Just a few days ago, ANN dropped the first hints (of many to come) of w>[...]