AEA2012 Sponsor: Becker Avionics
Becker Avionics is a privately held multinational enterprise that develops, manufactures and distributes the latest communications, navigation, surveillance and search & rescue equipment for airborne and ground applications.
For over 50 years, Becker Avionics has provided avionics equipment to general and corporate aviation, ATC, law enforcement and military organizations around the world.
Becker Avionics is dedicated to meeting individual customer requirements, backed by the company’s real commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Its avionics solutions are renowned for their sturdiness, compact size and state of the art technology: they are transforming today’s legacy platforms into the platforms of tomorrow.
With an excellent reputation for unsurpassed quality and reliability, it is not surprising that Becker Avionics received a “Best Product Brand of the Year 2009” from Aerokurier Magazine. The award confirms the success of Becker Avionics’ efforts to develop and deliver products with the features, performance and quality that customers want and expect.
Becker Avionics has a long history as an audio and avionics innovator and pioneer. The group designs, manufactures, sells and supports a complete range of navigation and communication equipment for Airborne, Air Traffic Control, Mobile and Search and Rescue Applications.
Becker Avionics extensive customer base includes, but is not limited to: AgustaWestland, Airbus, ATR, the Austrian Army and Police, British Aerospace, CASA, the Dutch Police, EADS, the Egyptian Navy, Eurocopter; the German AirForce, Navy and Army; the German Border Patrol, the German Police, the Indonesian Navy, Pilatus, the Irish Air Corps, the Portuguese Air Force, RUAG, the Swiss Air Force, the US Army, US Air Force, US Navy and US Auxiliary Civil Air Patrol; and Xi’an Aircraft Corporation.
Research and Development is performed in Germany, Poland and Taiwan, with industrialization and production activities in Germany, France, USA and Taiwan.
The Becker Avionics Group employs over 200 staff, over half of which are qualified engineers and technicians.
Did You Know? Cool Facts About Becker Avionics
- Becker Avionics manufactures a series of highly reliable and rugged aviation intercom and audio control systems for offshore, search and rescue, military, law enforcement and other special mission platforms, including the Digital Voice Communication System (DVCS) 6100.
- Becker Avionics sophisticated audio and intercom product range includes both analog and digital system architectures, which have a wide range of airborne applications.
- Becker Avionics’ Digital Voice Communication System was the first ever fully certified (TSO and ETSO) state-of-the-art Airborne Digital Audio Selector and Intercom System.
- Designed for both fixed and rotary wing aircraft, the DVCS 6100 leverages Becker Avionics’ proven expertise in audio applications for the aerospace industry. It is no surprise, therefore, that the DVCS 6100 delivers the best performance of any aircraft digital audio system available today.
- Becker Avionics’ innovative digital audio and intercom solutions provide the right communications management tool for standard cockpit as well as unique special mission challenges.
- The DVCS6100 was specifically designed for the demanding tactical special mission applications ranging from Search and Rescue type operations, to EMS, Law Enforcement, as well as ISR and Forestry.
- The DVCS6100 is a multi-user Audio Management Systems with a wide range of features designed to achieve the best possible intercommunications in noisy aircraft environments. The system provides crewmembers easy access to radios and intercom voice channels. The system is field-proven and provides a complete solution for operators demanding high quality, digital voice communication. Its high cross talk isolation, software configurable multiple private intercom talk groups and simulcast functionality provide crewmembers with the right solution for the mission.
- The DVCS6100 is the standard audio and intercom system on the EC145 and the U.S. Army UH72-A Lakota program in the USA with excellent proven field reliability (MTBF). Up to today we have delivered nearly 1,000 systems.
Becker USA -- In The News!