Wed, Oct 29, 2008
At the US Sport Aviation Expo, Aero-TV caught up with an old
friend, Eric Tucker... a guy who is known worldwide as "Mr. Rotax."
The most well-known (and easily the hardest working) expert on the
Rotax 900 series sport and certified engines, Eric took a few
minutes to help us profile each of the amazingly compact, powerful
and fuel-efficient 900 series engines, this time concentrating on
the 100 HP Rotax 912S/ULS.
With a dry weight of 124.7 pounds, the Rotax 912S/ULS DCDI 100HP
engine is a 4-stroke engine specially developed for recreational
aircraft. It also exists in a certified version as the Rotax 912
Additional features include:
- 4-stroke engine specially developed for recreational aircraft.
Also exists in a certified version: Rotax 912 S.
- 4 horizontally opposed cylinders, "boxer" configuration
- Free air cooled cylinders, liquid cooled cylinder heads with
integrated pump and expansion tank
- Dry sump forced lubrication with integrated pump and separate
- 8 valves, automatic adjustment by hydraulic valve tappet
- Dual Capacitor Discharge Ignition (DCDI) with RFI noise
- Two Bing Constant Depression (CD) carburetors
- Mechanically driven diaphragm fuel pump
- Integrated heavy duty electric starter
- Integrated reduction gearbox, ratio of 2.43:1 with slipper
- Various liquid and oil radiators available
- Many options available such as: Vacuum pump, external
alternator, hydraulic propeller governor
- Operates on automotive fuel with a minimum octane rating of 91
- Time Between Overhauls (TBO): 1500 hours*
It produces 100 HP at 5,800 rpm.
Among the aircraft that utilize the Rotax 912 series to best
effect, the list includes birds like the Diamond Aircraft DA 20,
Flight Design CT series, RANS S-7/S-19 series, Quicksilver GT-500,
and the Progressive Aerodyne SeaRey.
Other Parties Expected to Weigh In Momentarily EAA Counsel Alan Farkas has filed a 48 page Petition for Review of FAA Action and Other Relief with United States Court of Appeals fo>[...]
Field Reports Raise Questions About Accurate Accounting Of Electrical Loads The FAA has issued a Special Airworthiness Information Bulletin (SAIB) focusing on the requirements and >[...]
Also: Mohr Retires-Quietly, iFly on iOS, Record Female Skydive, China Goes To The Moon, SAFE Resources EAA Counsel Alan Farkas has filed a 48 page Petition for Review of FAA Action>[...]
Seeks Relief For Forced Payment Related To ATC Activities At Wittman Regional Airport During AirVenture The EAA has filed a petition in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Ci>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2013-24-13 PRODUCT: Certain Boeing Model 737-100, -200, -200C, -300, -400, -500, -600, -700, -700C, -800, and -900 series airplanes.>[...]