Pilot Recounts Tale Of 1957 UFO Encounter | Aero-News Network
Aero-News Network
RSS icon RSS feed
podcast icon MP3 podcast
Subscribe Aero-News e-mail Newsletter Subscribe

Airborne Unlimited -- Recent Daily Episodes

Episode Date

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Airborne On ANN

Airborne 06.29.15

Airborne 06.23.15

Airborne 06.24.15

Airborne 06.25.15

Airborne 06.26.15

Airborne Hi-Def On YouTube

Airborne 06.29.15

Airborne 06.23.15

Airborne 06.24.15

Airborne 06.25.15

Airborne 06.26.15

Fri, Oct 24, 2008

Pilot Recounts Tale Of 1957 UFO Encounter

Says He Has "Not The Foggiest Idea" What Actually Happened

More than a half-century after being ordered to fire on a massive UFO, a retired American pilot remains frustrated that he's been unable to uncover the truth behind the encounter.

The Associated Press reports Milton Torres, who now lives in Miami, confirmed to Britain's Sky News that he was the pilot cited in an account released by Britain's National Archives Monday. He says he was at an English air base on May 20, 1957, at the height of the Cold War, when a massive, unidentified object showed up on radar.

Torres says he and another pilot were scrambled to intercept the object as it maneuvered erratically over the North Sea, but before he could follow through with orders to fire on the object, it accelerated dramatically and disappeared from his onboard radar. He describes the half-century of frustration he says began as soon as he landed.

"I had not the foggiest idea what had actually occurred, nor would anyone explain anything to me," Torres said.

He adds he was led to a man in civilian clothes, who "advised me that this would be considered highly classified and that I should not discuss it with anybody."

The original account was submitted by a UFO enthusiast to Britain's Ministry of Defense in the form of an anonymous, typewritten manuscript in 1988. The account has never been verified by military authorities.

FMI: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk, www.nwlink.com/~ufocntr/

Advertisement

More News

Airborne 06.26.15: UAV Pilot Exonerated, WTC Base Jumpers Acquitted, AeroWatch

Also: Pilot Record, Barnstorming, Pan Am Sim, New Columbus PD Unit, Erickson Firefighters, UAV Insurance Flts, Quest Upgrades David Beesmer had been arrested in 2014 after capturin>[...]

Aero-News: Quote Of The Day (06.29.15)

“SpaceX has demonstrated extraordinary capabilities in its first six cargo resupply missions to the station, and we know they can replicate that success. We will work with an>[...]

Klyde Morris (06.29.15)

Klyde's A Little Down (And More Than A Little Opinionated) Over The SpaceX Loss.... FMI: www.klydemorris.com>[...]

Updated: A Sorry First -- Falcon 9 Launch Fails Just Prior To Staging

Catastrophic Vehicle Failure Comes Just As Confidence in System Soared ANN REALTIME Update, 1152 ET, 06.28.15: Elon Musk has tweeted the following... "There was an overpressure eve>[...]

NASA's Bolden Comments On SpaceX/CRS-7 Loss

NASA Administrator Notes Other Resupply Efforts On Schedule The following is a statement from NASA Administrator Charles Bolden on the loss Sunday of the SpaceX Commercial Resupply>[...]

blog comments powered by Disqus



Advertisement

Advertisement

Podcasts

Advertisement

© 2007 - 2015 Web Development & Design by Pauli Systems, LC