Fri, Feb 22, 2013
The President's press secretary said Wednesday that the potential loss of middle-class manufacturing jobs in places like Wichita where bizjets are built is a "difficult choice" that has to be made to preserve jobs for teachers or the national defense.
And the remarks, not surprisingly, drew the ire of GAMA. Beechcraft, formerly Hawker Beechcraft, announced Tuesday it has formally emerged from the Chapter 11 process. The company’s Joint Plan of Reorganization (Plan) was approved by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court and became effective on Feb. 15, 2013. The Japanese Transport Ministry said Wednesday that a battery in the auxiliary power unit (APU) aboard an ANA Dreamliner which was forced to make an emergency landing January 16 was incorrectly connected to the main battery that overheated. But they have not said definitely that the miswiring was the cause of the failure. All this... and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 02.22.13 is chock full of info about the half-week period ending Friday, February 22nd, 2013... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Ashley Hale, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Glen Moyer, this episode covers:
- White House Calls Potential Loss Of Aviation Jobs A 'Difficult Choice'
- Beechcraft Emerges From Chapter 11
- Japanese Investigators Find ANA Dreamliner Battery Miswired
- AgustaWestland Helicopter Deal In Jeopardy After Bribery Arrest
- Airtime Aviation Hits 100 LSA Deliveries
- Pipistrel Distributor Takes Motorglider To Just Below FL230
- FAA Approves FlyThisSim Touch Trainer For Diamond Aircraft
- Barnstorming: An Utter Lack Of Transparency... and Trust
- Camcopter S-100 Completes Successful Trails For Thales Radar System
- Monday Marked Anniversary Of First Cow Milked On An Airplane
- Ready For A Laugh? ANN's Annual April 1st Edition Is Just Around The Corner!
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, in just a few days!
© 2013, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.
Also: Gone West: Tuskegee Airman LtC Mosley, Union Warned, E-4B Returns, All-Female UAL Crew, Malaysia Woes, Luke's 56th FW Last week, the FAA released a document stating that sign>[...]
A Petition Has Been Posted To Remove BASE Jumping From U.S. National Park Aerial Delivery Law BASE jumping certainly falls into the category of extreme sports. Base jumping activis>[...]
AD NUMBER: 015-11-01 PRODUCT: Slingsby Aviation Ltd. Models T67M260 and T67M260-T3A airplanes.>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2015-10-04 PRODUCT: All International Aero Engines AG (IAE) V2500-A1, V2525-D5, and V2528-D5 turbofan engines, and certain serial numbers (S/Ns) of IAE V2522-A5, V2524-A>[...]
The North American Trainer Association (NATA) This is an independent, non-profit corporation dedicated to the restoration and safe flying of North American Trainers such as the AT->[...]