Wed, Jan 23, 2013
Program Has Awarded Over $500,000 Since 2004
The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and its Schedulers & Dispatchers (S&D) Committee announced 14 recipients of the 2013 Schedulers & Dispatchers Training Scholarship Tuesday.
These training awards, given in conjunction with annual sponsors, promote the career development of current and aspiring schedulers and dispatchers. The training awards have been donated courtesy of Airline Ground Schools, Fireside Partners, Frontier, Beyond and Above Corporate Flight Attendant Training, CornerStone Strategies LLC, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, FlightSafety International, Jeppesen, MedAire, Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc. and NBAA Air Traffic Services.
The following are the recipients of the 2013 NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Training Scholarship Awards:
- Kenneth Baylor, The Flight Department USA, Inc.
- Lisa Bue, Best Jets International
- Cindy Davis, Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Marcee Means, Sugarland Airport
- Justin Craig Dillon, Universal Weather and Aviation
- Jeff Dolan, Jet Aviation Flight Services, Inc.
- Kailey Dwyer, ConAgra Foods, Inc.
- Lorenzo Flores, TASC, Inc
- Holly Gorsuch, C&S Wholesale Grocers
- Erica Hogetvedt, Thunderbird Aviation
- Corinne McCune, The Home Depot
- Adam Springmeyer, St. Joseph County Sheriff’s Dept.
- Matthew Suedkamp, Georgetown Management, LLC
- Becky Sweezea, Gentex Corporation
NBAA's S&D Committee offers scholarships through two separate but related programs that specifically promote professional and career development for business aviation schedulers and dispatchers.
The Schedulers & Dispatchers Training Scholarship Program, initiated in 2004, offers opportunities for scholarship recipients to gain access to hands-on teaching initiatives. Through a separate Schedulers & Dispatchers Scholarship Program, the committee offers cash grants, which can be used for a variety of professional development initiatives. Since 1997, more than $501,250 has been awarded to schedulers and dispatchers through this program.
Also: Papillon's 50th Anniversary, Recrafting Paul’s Game-Changing Baby Ace, Beechcraft Fined, FreeFlight Software, Rotorcraft Safety Conference, NexNav Intro's Call it the A>[...]
Also: DJI Phantom 3, API Update, Skyhawks In China, Air Methods Fined, Naming Pluto Features, Era Group Sale The 58th annual Aviation Electronics Association International Conventi>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2015-07-04 PRODUCT: PILATUS Aircraft Ltd. Model PC-7 airplanes.>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2015-07-07 PRODUCT: Certain Boeing Model 777-200, -200LR, -300ER, and 777F series airplanes.>[...]
da Vinci Ornithopter The concept of an ornithopter, an aircraft which flies by virtue of flapping wings like a bird, has been around literally for centuries. One of the first to pu>[...]