Fri, Mar 15, 2013
Finally! Progress. The FAA has approved the Boeing Commercial Airplane Company's certification plan for the redesigned 787 battery system, after thoroughly reviewing Boeing’s proposed modifications and the company’s plan to demonstrate that the system will meet FAA requirements.
Florida's Treasure Coast has long been where fortune hunters went to seek untold riches. Now for the Sky Pirate in all of us, Florida's Fantasy of Flight has just opened Phase II of its "Golden HIll" project revealing a 20,000 square foot treasure trove of rare and vintage aircraft, aircraft parts and flight artifacts. On Thursday, March 7, 2013, SpaceX’s Grasshopper doubled its highest leap to date to rise 24 stories or 262.8 feet, hovering for approximately 34 seconds and landing safely using closed loop thrust vector and throttle control. All this... and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 03.15.13 is chock full of info about the half-week period ending Friday, March 15th, 2013... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Ashley Hale, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Glen Moyer, this episode covers:
- FAA Approves Boeing 787 Certification Plan
- Fantasy of Flight Unveils Treasure Trove Of Aviation Artifacts
- Grasshopper Completes Highest Leap To Date
- NTSB Issues Five Safety Alerts
- Delta's Most Senior Pilot Retires After 45 Years
- Wichita Business Leaders Take B-29 'Doc' Under Their Wing
- World's Oldest Balloon Race To See 10 Nations Competing
- Barnstorming: Stand Up For What You Believe In, Even If You Are Standing Alone
- EASA Certifies A400M Transport
- Curiosity Rover's Recovery Moving Forward
- Russian Satellite Rendered Useless After Collision With Space Junk
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, in just a few days!
© 2013, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.
Also: GE Honda, Sagem's Active SideStick, Syberjet Update, Techno Aerospace Knows How to Party The FAA handed over certification papers for Embraer's Legacy 500 executive jet durin>[...]
Homebuilt Homepage: Clubs And Newsletters This page lists Homebuilt related Clubs and Newsletters.>[...]
Phase separation is when a combined liquid separates into two different liquids and may occur when autogas is used for aviation fuel.>[...]
“I’m excited and humbled by the trust that the ALPA Board of Directors has placed in me with this election.” Source: ALPA President-Elect Tim Canoll.>[...]
A Few Questions AND Answers To Help You Get MORE Out of ANN!>[...]