Tallahassee, FL, Airport Supports General Aviation Community | Aero-News Network
Aero-News Network
RSS icon RSS feed
podcast icon MP3 podcast
Subscribe Aero-News e-mail Newsletter Subscribe

Airborne Unlimited -- Recent Daily Episodes

Episode Date

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Airborne On ANN

Airborne 04.25.16

Airborne 04.26.16

AEA2016 LIVE!!! 0830-1230ET

AEA2016 LIVE!!! 1400-1700ET

AEA2016 LIVE!!! 1100-1400ET

Airborne Hi-Def On YouTube

Airborne 04.25.16

Airborne 04.26.16

AEA2016 LIVE!!! 0830-1230ET

AEA2016 LIVE!!! 1400-1700ET

AEA2016 LIVE!!! 1100-1400ET

AEA2016 LIVE Aero-TV: 04/27-0830ET, 04/28-1400ET, 04/29-1100ET

Sun 'n Fun 2016 Innovation Preview on Vimeo!

Sun 'n Fun 2016 Innovation Preview on YouTube!

Tue, Nov 27, 2012

Tallahassee, FL, Airport Supports General Aviation Community

Self-Serve Fuel Pricing, Runway Improvements Cited

A new self-service Avgas fueling facility was officially opened for business November 20 at Tallahassee Regional Airport (KTLH) in the Florida panhandle. Through a partnership with Million Air, general aviation customers will have access to a cost saving alternative to the full-service fueling option. Priced at $1.15 per gallon lower than the full-service fueling option, the self-service fuel pricing is competitive with other airports in the region, airport officials said.

Additionally, the first phase of the airport’s $43 million dollar construction project to enhance the safety and operational capacity of its runways is complete. This initial construction phase lengthened the north/south runway from 6,070 feet to 7,000 feet, rehabilitated critical spans of airfield pavement and upgraded the runway’s instrument landing system with an enhanced, state-of-the-art, all-weather landing capability.

The second phase of the project is scheduled to begin in late 2013 and will include the total reconstruction of the east/west runway. The project is primarily funded by the Federal Aviation Administration at 95 percent with the remaining 5 percent funded by the Florida Department of Transportation and airport capital funding.

“The opening of our newly extended and rehabilitated runway combined with the availability of an AvGas self-service fueling facility serve to underscore the commitment that TLH has to its general aviation community,” said Sunil Harman, director of Aviation.

The airport held a ribbon cutting and grand opening on Tuesday, November 20. “These milestones are proof positive of the airport’s continued commitment to make TLH this region’s airport of choice,” said Commissioner Gil Ziffer, lead commissioner on airport issues.

FMI: www.flytallahassee.com

Advertisement

More News

True Blue Power and Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Power AEA2016!

True Blue Power Announces Series of High-Powered USB Charging Ports, Powers Current and Next-Generation Electronic Devices True Blue Power today announced the TA202 Series High Pow>[...]

L-3 Aviation Products Presents AEA2016 Special Event Coverage!!!

Innovative Avionics Powerhouse Showcases Latest Developments It's been a great year for L-3 Aviation Products. In less than six months, they've finetuned some ground-breaking produ>[...]

Aspen Avionics, True Innovators, Present AEA2016 Special Event Coverage!

AEA2016 Sponsor: Always-Innovative Aspen Avionics Based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Aspen Avionics specializes in bringing the most advanced display and sensor technology from the >[...]

Avilution's Revolution: Designing Avionics' Next-Generation

Avilution Shows What 'Next-Gen' REALLY Looks Like! When ANN first saw the Avilution concept in real-life, we took a few moments to let the idea sink in... and when it did... wow. N>[...]

Airborne 04.26.16: Drone v Airplane-NOT!, eFusion Electric Plane, ANN@AEA-LIVE!!

Also: MU-2 AOA, AMA Responds To Senate FAA Reauthorization, ANN@AEA Live 04/27-0830ET, ANN@AEA Live 04/28-1400ET, ANN@AEA Live 04/29-1100ET A report of a drone possibly colliding w>[...]

blog comments powered by Disqus



Advertisement

Advertisement

Podcasts

Advertisement

© 2007 - 2016 Web Development & Design by Pauli Systems, LC