Wed, Jan 12, 2011
Navigation Systems, Better Cooling, Lighting, And More
The New Year will see CubCrafters making a number of updates to
their production aircraft.
“We’re constantly on the lookout for ways to improve
our aircraft," said CubCrafters General Manager Randy Lervold. We
pursue these improvements through in-house design initiatives, and
also with off-the-shelf technical advancements, such as more
advanced navigation systems. The changes for 2011 are incremental,
but important, refinements to what are already superb aircraft.
Another positive is that we were able to incorporate most of these
improvements with no increase in pricing for 2011.”
Changes for the standard-setting Carbon Cub SS include:
- Ignition backup battery system.
- Adjustable cowl flaps for increased engine cooling efficiency
in high ambient temperature conditions.
- Iridium spark plugs (Denso IK27) for improved combustion
efficiency and longevity.
- Detented cables for mixture, carburetor heat and cabin heat
controls; eliminates “cable creep”.
- Lightweight Lighting & Strobe Package now includes an LED
landing light for lower power consumption and lower weight.
- Executive GLASS Panel avionics package now includes Dynon D180
- No price increase over 2010.
Changes for the Sport Cub S2 include:
- Detented cables for mixture, carburetor and cabin heat. (same
- LED landing light included in Lighting & Strobe Package.
(same as above)
- Executive GLASS Panel comes standard with Dynon D180
- Base price now $134,950
The Top Cub expands its list of options to include:
- Alpha-Omega Suspension System – minimizes bounced
landings. (coming soon)
- Auto-Fuel STC.
- PS Engineering PM3000 stereo intercom system.
AD NUMBER: 2013-25-01 PRODUCT: All DASSAULT AVIATION Model Falcon 10 airplanes.>[...]
Curtiss Jenny Restoration A blog following the restoration of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the airplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Wil>[...]
A horizontal, tail-shaped cloud (not a funnel cloud) at low levels extending from the precipitation cascade region of a supercell toward the wall cloud (i.e., it usually is observe>[...]
"Today's announcement signals that Louisiana is ready to further expand its presence and leadership in the aerospace industry, creating quality career opportunities for our people >[...]
Choose How YOU Want To View Your Aero News: Headlines And Teasers We're all pretty excited about the new website design here at ANN, but we HAVE heard from some of you that you lik>[...]