Tue, Mar 05, 2013
After a perfect launch aboard a Falcon 9 rocket Friday morning, the SpaceX Dragon supply capsule carrying stores and experiments to the ISS hit a glitch.
The spacecraft reached orbit on time at 1010 EST Friday, but a problem with the capsule's thruster pods delayed the deployment of the spacecraft's solar arrays. Boeing officials say the battery solution they’ve put in place for the 787 Dreamliner offers “three levels of protection.” The Gamera II team from the University of Maryland's Clark School of Engineering made several attempts this week to meet the requirements of the Sikorsky Prize, but were unable to reach more than six feet of altitude in the latest iteration of the human-powered quad-copter ... the Gamera II XR. All this... and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 03.05.13 is chock full of info about the half-week period ending Tuesday, March 5th, 2013... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Ashley Hale, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Glen Moyer, this episode covers:
- Dragon Spacecraft Hits Glitch On Way To ISS, But Fixed And Docks With ISS
- Proposed Dreamliner Fix Has 'Layers' Of Fire Prevention
- Gamera II Team Still Short Of Sikorsky Prize
- Diamond Reassures Customers Following Restructuring Announcement
- And So It Begins: Air Force Cuts Thunderbirds, Aviation Support at Public Events
- Amazing: The Journey Of N6ZQ
- AVW: Driving On The Moon
- LA Helicopter Noise Battle Escalates As Legislation Is Re-Introduced
- APA: First Officers Should Have Same Qualifications As Captains
- New Hampshire Legislature Considers Aerial Photography Ban
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, in just a few days!
© 2013, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.
Also: GE Honda, Sagem's Active SideStick, Syberjet Update, Techno Aerospace Knows How to Party The FAA handed over certification papers for Embraer's Legacy 500 executive jet durin>[...]
Homebuilt Homepage: Clubs And Newsletters This page lists Homebuilt related Clubs and Newsletters.>[...]
Phase separation is when a combined liquid separates into two different liquids and may occur when autogas is used for aviation fuel.>[...]
“I’m excited and humbled by the trust that the ALPA Board of Directors has placed in me with this election.” Source: ALPA President-Elect Tim Canoll.>[...]
A Few Questions AND Answers To Help You Get MORE Out of ANN!>[...]