Sat, Mar 30, 2013
Attendees, Exhibitors Depart The Largest Wholesale Avionics Show In The General Aviation Industry
What happened in Las Vegas this week likely will not stay in Las Vegas, as nearly 1,500 avionics manufacturers, distributors, repair stations and other general aviation professionals depart the 56th annual Aircraft Electronics Association International Convention & Trade Show armed with new product knowledge, networking and training experiences that took place at the MGM Grand Hotel & Convention Center, March 25-28.
"Despite continuing economic and regulatory challenges, this week in Vegas AEA members shared 'what's working' within their own environment and pledged to take back home with them the knowledge gained to help grow their businesses," said Paula Derks, AEA president. "Certainly, the new products introduced to the market will help our industry identify new opportunities to grow and better serve customers. This was evident throughout the four days in our training sessions, the Exhibit Hall and our interaction with the regulators."
The four-day event, which is the largest gathering of avionics manufacturers, distributors and government-certified repair stations in the world, featured:
- More than 25 new avionics products and systems introduced to the market.
- The unveiling of the first AEA Avionics Market Report, which reflects the monetary size of the general aviation avionics market.
- More than 75 hours of regulatory, technical and business management training and professional development.
- An Exhibit Hall filled with the latest avionics technologies and more than 130 exhibitors.
- The latest regulatory updates with international agency personnel.
- More than $100,000 in scholarships awarded to avionics and aviation maintenance students.
- Recognition of Dan Derby, the 2013 AEA Lifetime Achievement Award recipient.
- Recognition of Kent McIntyre of Bevan-Rabell Inc., recipient of the 2013 AEA Member of the Year Award.
- Recognition of Sandia Aerospace, recipient of the 2013 AEA Associate Member of the Year Award.
- Live-streaming across the Internet on the AEA website of the AEA Opening Ceremonies, New Product Introductions and live Exhibit Hall coverage, courtesy of the Aero-News Network.
- Free Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) certification and endorsement exams to convention attendees, in partnership with the National Center for Aerospace and Transportation Technologies (NCATT).
The AEA Convention is the preeminent venue dedicated solely to the general aviation avionics industry. Not open to the public, this event's primary focus is providing avionics professionals with educational and marketing opportunities between equipment manufacturers, distributors and government-certified repair stations. The general aviation avionics community knows the AEA Convention is a must-attend gathering for growing their businesses, training their technicians and meeting with their dealer network.
Next year, the AEA International Convention & Trade Show moves to Nashville, TN, March 12-15, 2014.
“The past months were amazing for ARCA Space Corporation, as the ArcaBoard was prepared for production. We couldn’t be happier knowing how fortunate we are to create an>[...]
Order For 37 More A321s Brings The Total Order Book To 82 Of The Large Narrowbody Aircraft Delta Air Lines has reached an agreement with Airbus to acquire 37 additional A321s as pa>[...]
Klyde: The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same! FMI: www.klydemorris.com>[...]
Proposed Regulations For Small UAS Operation Have Been Forwarded To The OMB For A Final Look After waiting for an extended time, the FAA has finally forwarded its proposed regulati>[...]
Also: MU-2 AOA, AMA Responds To Senate FAA Reauthorization, ANN@AEA Live 04/27-0830ET, ANN@AEA Live 04/28-1400ET, ANN@AEA Live 04/29-1100ET A report of a drone possibly colliding w>[...]