Sat, Mar 30, 2013
Attendees, Exhibitors Depart The Largest Wholesale Avionics Show In The General Aviation Industry
What happened in Las Vegas this week likely will not stay in Las Vegas, as nearly 1,500 avionics manufacturers, distributors, repair stations and other general aviation professionals depart the 56th annual Aircraft Electronics Association International Convention & Trade Show armed with new product knowledge, networking and training experiences that took place at the MGM Grand Hotel & Convention Center, March 25-28.
"Despite continuing economic and regulatory challenges, this week in Vegas AEA members shared 'what's working' within their own environment and pledged to take back home with them the knowledge gained to help grow their businesses," said Paula Derks, AEA president. "Certainly, the new products introduced to the market will help our industry identify new opportunities to grow and better serve customers. This was evident throughout the four days in our training sessions, the Exhibit Hall and our interaction with the regulators."
The four-day event, which is the largest gathering of avionics manufacturers, distributors and government-certified repair stations in the world, featured:
- More than 25 new avionics products and systems introduced to the market.
- The unveiling of the first AEA Avionics Market Report, which reflects the monetary size of the general aviation avionics market.
- More than 75 hours of regulatory, technical and business management training and professional development.
- An Exhibit Hall filled with the latest avionics technologies and more than 130 exhibitors.
- The latest regulatory updates with international agency personnel.
- More than $100,000 in scholarships awarded to avionics and aviation maintenance students.
- Recognition of Dan Derby, the 2013 AEA Lifetime Achievement Award recipient.
- Recognition of Kent McIntyre of Bevan-Rabell Inc., recipient of the 2013 AEA Member of the Year Award.
- Recognition of Sandia Aerospace, recipient of the 2013 AEA Associate Member of the Year Award.
- Live-streaming across the Internet on the AEA website of the AEA Opening Ceremonies, New Product Introductions and live Exhibit Hall coverage, courtesy of the Aero-News Network.
- Free Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) certification and endorsement exams to convention attendees, in partnership with the National Center for Aerospace and Transportation Technologies (NCATT).
The AEA Convention is the preeminent venue dedicated solely to the general aviation avionics industry. Not open to the public, this event's primary focus is providing avionics professionals with educational and marketing opportunities between equipment manufacturers, distributors and government-certified repair stations. The general aviation avionics community knows the AEA Convention is a must-attend gathering for growing their businesses, training their technicians and meeting with their dealer network.
Next year, the AEA International Convention & Trade Show moves to Nashville, TN, March 12-15, 2014.
Also: AEA $$Giveaway$$, LAM Aviation, Able Flight, Jack Pelton On Aero-Medical Reform We start our report this morning with something that has very little to do with the EAA AirVen>[...]
ONE Aviation: Let’s Fly Together ONE Aviation delivers innovative access to general aviation by bringing together a line of products suited to the missions and budgets of ind>[...]
Get The EARLY Inside Details On THE Most Exciting NEW Innovations And Product Announcements From OSHKOSH... The staff of EAA and the Aero-News Network are pleased to announce that >[...]
Sporty's Pilot Shop Is A Pivotal GA Resource! Sporty’s Pilot Shop was founded over 50 years ago by a flight instructor, and ever since has been for pilots and by pilots. Hal >[...]
OSH2016 Sponsor: Always-Innovative Aspen Avionics Based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Aspen Avionics specializes in bringing the most advanced display and sensor technology from the >[...]