Sat, Oct 05, 2013
CATS, PSI Announces Suspension Of Testing At Midnight EDT Friday
Another victim of the government shutdown that will affect pilots, potential pilots, and others is a suspension of online testing services by Computer Assisted Testing Services (CATS) and PSI.
In a joint message to CATS and PSI Airman applicants posted on the both websites, a notice informs applicants that "due to the federal government shutdown, the Airman Knowledge Testing program will be affected as follows until resolution:
- All sites will be allowed to continue administering AKT tests through midnight Eastern Time Friday, October 4, 2013.
- Electronic results from recent examinations will not be available.
- AFS 630 will not be available to provide support to the ODA Holder, sites, or applicants.
- Airman applicants may still make testing registration appointments in anticipation of resolution.
- Should the shutdown last beyond midnight Eastern Time Friday, October 4, 2013, scheduled examinations (during the duration of the shutdown) must be rescheduled.
- Please check this website for daily updates.
CATS developed the software, and hardware configurations for the administration of 70 different FAA exams after receiving a contract in 1991 as the agency was looking to computerize its Airmen and Mechanics knowledge based examinations. It has over 400 testing locations in the U.S. and abroad.
Also: Evolution Aircraft, Sporty’s/Savvy Breakdown Assistance, Comprehensive Jack Pelton Interview, Part 4 FAA administrator Michael Huerta came to town at EAA AirVenture 201>[...]
Leading Edge Sport Avionics Company Pushes The Envelope For Both Sport and General Aviation Markets! Founded in 2000, Dynon Avionics’ mission is to create the best avionics a>[...]
Pilot Training System Has A Knack For Educating Aviators... Via Innovative Programs Established in 2011, Pilot Training System’s (PTS) online flight-training solution provide>[...]
Sporty's Pilot Shop Is A Pivotal GA Resource! Sporty’s Pilot Shop was founded over 50 years ago by a flight instructor, and ever since has been for pilots and by pilots. Hal >[...]
Trig Excels In Affordable Avionics That Fit YOUR Panel! Trig Avionics are experts in the design and manufacture of compact and innovative certified avionics for light aviation. Our>[...]