Sat, Oct 05, 2013
CATS, PSI Announces Suspension Of Testing At Midnight EDT Friday
Another victim of the government shutdown that will affect pilots, potential pilots, and others is a suspension of online testing services by Computer Assisted Testing Services (CATS) and PSI.
In a joint message to CATS and PSI Airman applicants posted on the both websites, a notice informs applicants that "due to the federal government shutdown, the Airman Knowledge Testing program will be affected as follows until resolution:
- All sites will be allowed to continue administering AKT tests through midnight Eastern Time Friday, October 4, 2013.
- Electronic results from recent examinations will not be available.
- AFS 630 will not be available to provide support to the ODA Holder, sites, or applicants.
- Airman applicants may still make testing registration appointments in anticipation of resolution.
- Should the shutdown last beyond midnight Eastern Time Friday, October 4, 2013, scheduled examinations (during the duration of the shutdown) must be rescheduled.
- Please check this website for daily updates.
CATS developed the software, and hardware configurations for the administration of 70 different FAA exams after receiving a contract in 1991 as the agency was looking to computerize its Airmen and Mechanics knowledge based examinations. It has over 400 testing locations in the U.S. and abroad.
Get The Inside Details On THE Most Exciting NEW OSH15 Innovations And Product Announcements... in High-Def Aero-TV Video The staff of the Experimental Aircraft Association and the >[...]
"The opportunities for commercial tethered drones for security, infrastructure inspection and disaster response is tremendous and ASEC believes that by harnessing DAC's innovative >[...]
YOU Can Contribute To The Annual List Compiled By The Staff and Readership of the ANN and Aero-TV! E-I-C Note: We're going to start naming names and dropping details in just a few >[...]
Also: Cicare 8, Switchblade Update, Beringer Alaskan Bush Gear, Jack Pelton Interview - Final E-I-C Note: Regularly Daily Airborne Unlimited Programming will resume this Monday now>[...]
Klyde Finds A-POO Relying on Ted Stryker To Bail Them Out... FMI: www.klydemorris.com>[...]