Sat, Oct 05, 2013
CATS, PSI Announces Suspension Of Testing At Midnight EDT Friday
Another victim of the government shutdown that will affect pilots, potential pilots, and others is a suspension of online testing services by Computer Assisted Testing Services (CATS) and PSI.
In a joint message to CATS and PSI Airman applicants posted on the both websites, a notice informs applicants that "due to the federal government shutdown, the Airman Knowledge Testing program will be affected as follows until resolution:
- All sites will be allowed to continue administering AKT tests through midnight Eastern Time Friday, October 4, 2013.
- Electronic results from recent examinations will not be available.
- AFS 630 will not be available to provide support to the ODA Holder, sites, or applicants.
- Airman applicants may still make testing registration appointments in anticipation of resolution.
- Should the shutdown last beyond midnight Eastern Time Friday, October 4, 2013, scheduled examinations (during the duration of the shutdown) must be rescheduled.
- Please check this website for daily updates.
CATS developed the software, and hardware configurations for the administration of 70 different FAA exams after receiving a contract in 1991 as the agency was looking to computerize its Airmen and Mechanics knowledge based examinations. It has over 400 testing locations in the U.S. and abroad.
FAA Aviation Safety Information Analysis And Sharing System (ASIAS) The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) promotes the open exchange of safety information in order to continuou>[...]
Pressure altitude corrected for nonstandard temperature. Density altitude is used in computing the performance of an aircraft and its engines.>[...]
“We hope to never see an event like this again, but, we must be prepared." Source: FAA Administrator Michael Huerta, on the release of the agency's 30 report on the fire at t>[...]
It's For Real! ANN REALTIME NewsBug Released To ANN Readers, Worldwide For those of you using a windows PC (MAC version in the works... we promise), a new REALTIME News Service fro>[...]
But Activists Continue To Call For A Ban On The Flights A group of activists in New York and New Jersey are still working to have sightseeing flights over New York City and the Hud>[...]