Sat, Oct 05, 2013
CATS, PSI Announces Suspension Of Testing At Midnight EDT Friday
Another victim of the government shutdown that will affect pilots, potential pilots, and others is a suspension of online testing services by Computer Assisted Testing Services (CATS) and PSI.
In a joint message to CATS and PSI Airman applicants posted on the both websites, a notice informs applicants that "due to the federal government shutdown, the Airman Knowledge Testing program will be affected as follows until resolution:
- All sites will be allowed to continue administering AKT tests through midnight Eastern Time Friday, October 4, 2013.
- Electronic results from recent examinations will not be available.
- AFS 630 will not be available to provide support to the ODA Holder, sites, or applicants.
- Airman applicants may still make testing registration appointments in anticipation of resolution.
- Should the shutdown last beyond midnight Eastern Time Friday, October 4, 2013, scheduled examinations (during the duration of the shutdown) must be rescheduled.
- Please check this website for daily updates.
CATS developed the software, and hardware configurations for the administration of 70 different FAA exams after receiving a contract in 1991 as the agency was looking to computerize its Airmen and Mechanics knowledge based examinations. It has over 400 testing locations in the U.S. and abroad.
In Fond Remembrance Of My Dear Vicki, Five Years Since Her Loss Hi Folks... In the last five years, you and I have been through a lot. We've watched the fortunes of the aviation wo>[...]
A Bit Of History Lovingly Restored To The Sport Aviation World ANN's Michael Maya Charles had to search around at EAA AirVenture 2014 to find this story. The Aeroplane Factory buil>[...]
International Fellowship of Flying Rotarians The International Fellowship of Flying Rotarians (IFFR) is a group of Rotarians dedicated to promoting Rotary and aviation as an opport>[...]
Used by ATC to direct aircraft to intervening fixes between the en route structure and the initial approach fix.>[...]
"We pause to remember the life and legacy of an American hero. Bernie's life is an inspiration to those who met him and to all Airmen who will continue to hear his story. Source: C>[...]