Sat, Oct 05, 2013
CATS, PSI Announces Suspension Of Testing At Midnight EDT Friday
Another victim of the government shutdown that will affect pilots, potential pilots, and others is a suspension of online testing services by Computer Assisted Testing Services (CATS) and PSI.
In a joint message to CATS and PSI Airman applicants posted on the both websites, a notice informs applicants that "due to the federal government shutdown, the Airman Knowledge Testing program will be affected as follows until resolution:
- All sites will be allowed to continue administering AKT tests through midnight Eastern Time Friday, October 4, 2013.
- Electronic results from recent examinations will not be available.
- AFS 630 will not be available to provide support to the ODA Holder, sites, or applicants.
- Airman applicants may still make testing registration appointments in anticipation of resolution.
- Should the shutdown last beyond midnight Eastern Time Friday, October 4, 2013, scheduled examinations (during the duration of the shutdown) must be rescheduled.
- Please check this website for daily updates.
CATS developed the software, and hardware configurations for the administration of 70 different FAA exams after receiving a contract in 1991 as the agency was looking to computerize its Airmen and Mechanics knowledge based examinations. It has over 400 testing locations in the U.S. and abroad.
Plane Disappeared 67 Years Ago On Transport Mission To The Eastern Front A plane missing since 1942 has been discovered in about 75 feet of water in the Black Sea has been identifi>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2014-07-09 PRODUCT: British Aerospace Regional Aircraft Jetstream Series 3101 and Jetstream Model 3201 airplanes.>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2014-08-04 PRODUCT: Certain Airbus Model A310 series airplanes.>[...]
South Bay Soaring Society The South Bay Soaring Society (SBSS) is a non-profit radio controlled glider club based in San Jose, CA. They have flying sites in San Jose, Santa Clara, >[...]
A measure of atmospheric moisture. It is the temperature to which air must be cooled in order to reach saturation (assuming air pressure and moisture content are constant).>[...]