Mon, Oct 22, 2012
Long-Awaited Tablet App For Pilots Simplifies Cockpit Operations
Yup... we're downloading it as we speak...
Bendix/King's myWingMan application is now available for download from the Apple iTunes Store. Bendix/King developed myWingMan, a flight-planning and inflight navigation support app, 'to simplify operations and push the boundaries of tablet computer use in the cockpit. Unlike any application on the market, myWingMan offers general aviation pilots full enroute navigation on a moving map display, real-time weather information and synthetic vision for improved flight navigation and safety.'
The application is available for download from Apple’s iTunes Store starting immediately (no kidding... we really are downloading it right now).
“We didn’t set out to simply design another application for the GA marketplace,” explained Kevin Gould, president of Bendix/King. “The myWingMan app sets a new standard for what pilots can expect from future mobile flight planning and navigation tools.”
Designed specifically for general aviation pilots, myWingMan features:
- An advanced synthetic vision system, which increases situational awareness by providing pilots with a real-time view of the location of the aircraft with relation to surrounding terrain and a compelling 3D virtual view outside the cockpit, unencumbered by clouds, fog or darkness.
- Preflight planning, including a unique Smart Routing function, which automatically plots the best and most fuel-efficient flight route and altitude.
- Sophisticated weather capabilities including airborne XM satellite weather that enables pilots to improve decision-making around inclement weather.
- Seamless interaction with certified aircraft systems, including the ability to synchronize flight plans and other data from myWingMan into the selected panel avionics such as the Bendix/King KSN 770 using the Aspen Connected Panel™ system.
- A clean user interface with both two- and three-way split-screen views of available charts and data so pilots can view multiple windows of information at one time and swap views by a simple drag-and-drop gesture. Bendix/King has offered its Wingman services for 11 years, and its myWingMan application is an extension of such services.
Bendix/King is part of Honeywell’s aerospace business and has been delivering a wide range of avionics for light aircraft since 1959. Bendix/King is located in Albuquerque, N.M.
Republic Airways Completes Sale To Investment Fund Republic Airways Holdings Inc. has closed on the sale of Frontier Airlines to an investment fund affiliated with Indigo Partners >[...]
It's Not Enough To Simply Get More Power... You Have To Do It Right ANN CEO and Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell meets with Jim Shafer of Power Flow Exhaust Systems at EAA AirVenture 2>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2013-24-14 PRODUCT: Diamond Aircraft Industries GmbH Models DA40 and DA40F airplanes.>[...]
AD NUMBER: AD 2013-22-19 PRODUCT: All Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation Model GV and GV-SP airplanes.>[...]
NetJets Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots The NetJets Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots, more commonly referred to as NJASAP, represents the professional interests of the 3>[...]