The Model Year 2016 version of Daher’s TBM 900 aircraft incorporates a number of enhancements that were detailed during this week’s the Singapore Airshow.
Daher says they were introduced with Garmin’s new software release for the G1000 V15 avionics suite which is the TBM 900’s all-glass cockpit configuration. In a company press release, Daher likened these enhancements to bringing an ‘e- copilot’ into the cockpit to reduce the pilot’s workload. Startup aircraft company Cobalt announced this week they have received over $50 million in pre-orders of the company's first model, the Co50 Valkyrie, following the public launch on November 12, last year. The company says that upon opening the order book, they received hundreds of inquiries to buy the plane, including 29 orders that were placed within the first 24 hours. EAA has announced they will hold a Town Hall Meeting on Saturday, February 27th at the Candler Field Museum located on the Peachstate Aerodrome south of Atlanta. EAA chairman and CEO, Jack Pelton, will open the meeting. Pelton will discuss the medical reform proposal, the new requirements to fly Young Eagles, events
for AirVenture, and other pertinent issues facing the experimental aircraft group, vintage aircraft owners, warbird owners, and general aviation. All this -- and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 02.19.16 is chock full of info in this Daily News Episode, Friday, February 19th, 2016... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Brianne Cross, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Earl Downs, this episode covers:
- New Features Of Model Year 2016 TBM 900
- Cobalt Valkyrie Pre-Orders Soar To Over $50 Million In 90 Days
- EAA Town Hall Meeting With Jack Pelton Planned In GA
- Nigerian Prince Stuck On International Space Station?
- Barnstorming: Where Is The Outcry Against ATC Privatization?
- NYT Editorial Board Makes Case Against ATC Privatization
- Gulfstream Airborne Support Completes 5,000th Mission
- NTSB Issues Regulatory Changes
- Irish Coast Guard And CHC S-92s Perform More than 1,000 SAR Missions In 2015
- Student Pilot Certificates Are Changing
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne Unlimited" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, tomorrow!
© 2016, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.