Sun, Feb 10, 2013
At a news conference today, NTSB Chairman Deborah A.P. Hersman identified the origin of the Jan. 7 battery fire that occurred on a Japan Airlines 787 parked at Boston Logan Airport, and said that a focus of the investigation will be on the design and certification requirements of the battery system.
Among the names being mentioned to replace Ray LaHood as Secretary of Transportation is NTSB chair Deborah A.P. Hersman, and some in the know say she is the leading candidate for the post. When Felix Baumgartner stepped off his capsule into the fringe of space, he began a freefall that eventually reached 843.6 miles per hour ... or Mach 1.25. That made him the first human to break the sound barrier without any kind of mechanical assistance. But we already knew that. All this... and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 02.08.13 is chock full of info about the half-week period ending Friday, February 8th, 2013... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Ashley Hale, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Glen Moyer, this episode covers:
- NTSB Reveals 787 Battery Failure info
- NTSB's Hersman Mentioned As Possible New Secretary Of Transportation
- Boeing Asks FAA To Lift 787 Flight Ban For Testing
- Baumgartner Broke Mach 1 And Then Some
- New Florida Home Spells A New Chapter For Renegade
- NBAA Renames Annual U.S. Show 'Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition'
- Flight Design Adds Dynon ADS-B
- Federal Indictments Handed Up In 2008 Helicopter Accident
- Esterline CMC Electronics to Supply Avionics For Pilatus PC-21 Programs
- Barnstorming: TSA Steals Chocolate
- FAA Issues SAFO For L-39 Canopies
- Iranian President Says He'd Fly In Space
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, in just a few days!
© 2013, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.
Also: AquaPacer!, ProAdvantage, S Korea's Astro Shortage, More Aero-Diesel Growth Expected What seems like a good idea for real estate brokers and property buyers is not going to b>[...]
CubCrafters Is Growing... And In A 'Down' Industry -- Find Out How While at EAA AirVenture 2014, ANN’s Michael Maya Charles stopped to talk with John Whitish, the Marketing M>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2014-16-07 PRODUCT: Certain Bombardier, Inc. Model DHC-8-400, -401, and -402 airplanes.>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2014-16-14 PRODUCT: Certain The Boeing Company Model 737-600, -700, -700C, -800, and -900 series airplanes.>[...]
Fearless Aeronca Aviators A webpage dedicated to those intrepid pilots who fly or are intrigued by Aeronca Champs, Chiefs, Sedans and similar aircraft.>[...]