Mon, Feb 25, 2013
The President's press secretary said Wednesday that the potential loss of middle-class manufacturing jobs in places like Wichita where bizjets are built is a "difficult choice" that has to be made to preserve jobs for teachers or the national defense.
And the remarks, not surprisingly, drew the ire of GAMA. Beechcraft, formerly Hawker Beechcraft, announced Tuesday it has formally emerged from the Chapter 11 process. The company’s Joint Plan of Reorganization (Plan) was approved by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court and became effective on Feb. 15, 2013. The Japanese Transport Ministry said Wednesday that a battery in the auxiliary power unit (APU) aboard an ANA Dreamliner which was forced to make an emergency landing January 16 was incorrectly connected to the main battery that overheated. But they have not said definitely that the miswiring was the cause of the failure. All this... and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 02.22.13 is chock full of info about the half-week period ending Friday, February 22nd, 2013... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Ashley Hale, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Glen Moyer, this episode covers:
- White House Calls Potential Loss Of Aviation Jobs A 'Difficult Choice'
- Beechcraft Emerges From Chapter 11
- Japanese Investigators Find ANA Dreamliner Battery Miswired
- AgustaWestland Helicopter Deal In Jeopardy After Bribery Arrest
- Airtime Aviation Hits 100 LSA Deliveries
- Pipistrel Distributor Takes Motorglider To Just Below FL230
- FAA Approves FlyThisSim Touch Trainer For Diamond Aircraft
- Barnstorming: An Utter Lack Of Transparency... and Trust
- Camcopter S-100 Completes Successful Trails For Thales Radar System
- Monday Marked Anniversary Of First Cow Milked On An Airplane
- Ready For A Laugh? ANN's Annual April 1st Edition Is Just Around The Corner!
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, in just a few days!
© 2013, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.
YOU Can Contribute To The Annual List Compiled By The Staff and Readership of the ANN and Aero-TV! E-I-C Note: We're going to start naming names and dropping details THIS week--- t>[...]
Also: Big Boeing Order, Napa Tower Quaked, Landsberg Retires, Galileo Falters Breaking News! Google has unveiled an exciting new UAV project, called Project Wing, which has been un>[...]
An Impressive Line-Up Continues To Make A Solid Impact On Sport Aviation ANN CEO and Editor-In-Chief, Jim Campbell seized the opportunity to talk with Phil Solomon, the CEO of Tecn>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2014-17-04 PRODUCT: Certain Bombardier, Inc. Model CL-600-2B19 (Regional Jet Series 100 & 440) airplanes.>[...]
FAA General Aviation Airports Report Beginning in 2010, the FAA began a national review of the general aviation airports resulting in two reports, General Aviation Airports: A Nati>[...]