Mon, Feb 25, 2013
The President's press secretary said Wednesday that the potential loss of middle-class manufacturing jobs in places like Wichita where bizjets are built is a "difficult choice" that has to be made to preserve jobs for teachers or the national defense.
And the remarks, not surprisingly, drew the ire of GAMA. Beechcraft, formerly Hawker Beechcraft, announced Tuesday it has formally emerged from the Chapter 11 process. The company’s Joint Plan of Reorganization (Plan) was approved by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court and became effective on Feb. 15, 2013. The Japanese Transport Ministry said Wednesday that a battery in the auxiliary power unit (APU) aboard an ANA Dreamliner which was forced to make an emergency landing January 16 was incorrectly connected to the main battery that overheated. But they have not said definitely that the miswiring was the cause of the failure. All this... and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 02.22.13 is chock full of info about the half-week period ending Friday, February 22nd, 2013... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Ashley Hale, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Glen Moyer, this episode covers:
- White House Calls Potential Loss Of Aviation Jobs A 'Difficult Choice'
- Beechcraft Emerges From Chapter 11
- Japanese Investigators Find ANA Dreamliner Battery Miswired
- AgustaWestland Helicopter Deal In Jeopardy After Bribery Arrest
- Airtime Aviation Hits 100 LSA Deliveries
- Pipistrel Distributor Takes Motorglider To Just Below FL230
- FAA Approves FlyThisSim Touch Trainer For Diamond Aircraft
- Barnstorming: An Utter Lack Of Transparency... and Trust
- Camcopter S-100 Completes Successful Trails For Thales Radar System
- Monday Marked Anniversary Of First Cow Milked On An Airplane
- Ready For A Laugh? ANN's Annual April 1st Edition Is Just Around The Corner!
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, in just a few days!
© 2013, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.
Also: Female Skydive Record, ANN November Efforts, Dream Chaser, SecTrans Reax, FAA SAFO, Able Flight, Airline Group Grounded On November 21, the Stratos 714 very light jet took to>[...]
“All three institutions have now sent a strong signal in favour of modernizing the Agency and the European aviation system as a whole. There is clear political will to ensure>[...]
Wichita-Based Center Is Authorized To Sell And Install Garmin G1000 Through G5000 Avionics On Broad Range Of Business Aircraft Yingling Aviation has been named a Garmin Integrated >[...]
Aero Linx: The Colorado Airport Operators Association (CAOA) The Colorado Airport Operators Association (CAOA) serves the common interests of the owners, operators and users of the>[...]
Downburst A strong downdraft which induces an outburst of damaging winds on or near the ground. Damaging winds, either straight or curved, are highly divergent. The sizes of downbu>[...]