Thu, May 12, 2005
Conflicts Force Move
The Virginia Council of
EAA Chapters, Inc (VAEAA). has moved the dates of the Ninth Annual
Virginia Regional EAA Fly-In to October 1-2, 2005. The fly-in will
be held at the Dinwiddie County Airport (PTB), as in prior years.
Conflicts with other aviation events forced the date change.
The 2005 Virginia Regional EAA Fly-In offers a broad
variety of EAA events and activities. Starting with a pancake
breakfast, both days will be filled with forums and workshops.
Several of the forums can count towards the FAA's WINGS Safety
Forum examples include:
- Sport Pilot: the final rule is here!
- Winter Weather (Icing) and DCA ADIZ
- Flight Test Planning for Experimental Aircraft
- Quality Exterior Re-finish: more than just a "paint job"
- Soldering, shielding and wiring tips for your homebuilt
- What glider pilots can teach power pilots
- What an owner can do: tips and tricks
- A practical guide for the builder, owner and pilot
- Selecting the right aircraft for you.
- And several more!
Those who request it can have their aircraft judged. A special
youth tent and a circle for flying control line models will be
available, as well as quite a few aviation vendors and the ever
Of course, an afternoon air show is scheduled to entertain the
Scheduled performers include:
- Charlie Kulp - aka 'The Flying Farmer' flying a Piper J-3
- Charles Schwenker of Cascade Aerobatics flying in his Extra
- Bill Finagin, doubling up, flying his carbon fiber Panzer One
and a Pitts S2-C.
- Nancy Lynn flying her Extra 300L.
- The Split Image Aerobatic Team flying two Pitts biplanes in
aerobatic maneuvers in close formation flying. (Shown below on last
Also, the Hanover Radio Control Group will debut at the VA
State Fly-in, flying models in the performance. As always, these
events depend on volunteers to make everything run smoothly.
VAEAA is a non-profit Virginia corporation made up of eight
Virginia EAA Chapters and five Associate Member aviation
organizations that incorporated in 1996. The organization's only
source of revenue is charitable contributions. A $10 donation is
requested for all adults. Children 13 and under are free
Be sure to check the different approach procedures for airplanes
and ultralights if you're planning to fly in.
Also: Ready Made RC FPV Fest, ERAU Offering Drone Course, Second Drone Advisory Committee Meeting AMA Expo West was quite a transition for the ANN crew... who went from the insanit>[...]
Aero-News Quote of the Day “The B-17F Memphis Belle is an icon that represents the thousands of bomber crews, maintainers, and others supporting the bomber mission, whose ser>[...]
Klyde Bemoans The Highs and Lows Of A Change In Administrations FMI: www.klydemorris.com>[...]
Also: Daher Delivers, Aviation Progress, Tecnam P2012, D.B. Cooper, MH370 Search, T-45C Accident, Piper We previously reported that studies indicate many complaints about airport n>[...]
Aircraft Spruce Acquires Poberezny Estate In Oshkosh, WI Anyone who is interested in recreational aviation is well aware of the impact Paul Poberezny and his family have made on fu>[...]