Thu, May 12, 2005
Conflicts Force Move
The Virginia Council of
EAA Chapters, Inc (VAEAA). has moved the dates of the Ninth Annual
Virginia Regional EAA Fly-In to October 1-2, 2005. The fly-in will
be held at the Dinwiddie County Airport (PTB), as in prior years.
Conflicts with other aviation events forced the date change.
The 2005 Virginia Regional EAA Fly-In offers a broad
variety of EAA events and activities. Starting with a pancake
breakfast, both days will be filled with forums and workshops.
Several of the forums can count towards the FAA's WINGS Safety
Forum examples include:
- Sport Pilot: the final rule is here!
- Winter Weather (Icing) and DCA ADIZ
- Flight Test Planning for Experimental Aircraft
- Quality Exterior Re-finish: more than just a "paint job"
- Soldering, shielding and wiring tips for your homebuilt
- What glider pilots can teach power pilots
- What an owner can do: tips and tricks
- A practical guide for the builder, owner and pilot
- Selecting the right aircraft for you.
- And several more!
Those who request it can have their aircraft judged. A special
youth tent and a circle for flying control line models will be
available, as well as quite a few aviation vendors and the ever
Of course, an afternoon air show is scheduled to entertain the
Scheduled performers include:
- Charlie Kulp - aka 'The Flying Farmer' flying a Piper J-3
- Charles Schwenker of Cascade Aerobatics flying in his Extra
- Bill Finagin, doubling up, flying his carbon fiber Panzer One
and a Pitts S2-C.
- Nancy Lynn flying her Extra 300L.
- The Split Image Aerobatic Team flying two Pitts biplanes in
aerobatic maneuvers in close formation flying. (Shown below on last
Also, the Hanover Radio Control Group will debut at the VA
State Fly-in, flying models in the performance. As always, these
events depend on volunteers to make everything run smoothly.
VAEAA is a non-profit Virginia corporation made up of eight
Virginia EAA Chapters and five Associate Member aviation
organizations that incorporated in 1996. The organization's only
source of revenue is charitable contributions. A $10 donation is
requested for all adults. Children 13 and under are free
Be sure to check the different approach procedures for airplanes
and ultralights if you're planning to fly in.
Also: Knifefish UUV, Runway Inspection Drones, Drone Hinders Firefighting, Canada's New Drone Regs DARPA has awarded two Phase 2 contracts of its Gremlins program to Dynetics, Inc.>[...]
Dual G5 Installation Options Support Safety-Enhancing Redundancy With Dual ADAHRS And Back-Up Battery Garmin has announced the approval of the G5 electronic flight instrument for i>[...]
Updated Device Features Seven-Inch Portrait Display Garmin has announced a new addition to the G3X Touch glass flight display family, the 7-inch G3X Touch portrait display. For fir>[...]
Also: SKYe SH09, AEA 2017 Opening/NPI, FAA Certifies Elite, Carrier Strike Group, G650 Sim, SBIRS Satellite, Hawaiian Airlines The ‘electric jet’ is moving to South Car>[...]
Also: Safety Focus, Aero-Calendar, Mechanic Pay, Alaska Airlines, GAMA, CA Aviation Hall Of Fame, Gogo Biz 4G Dynon’s new dual band SV-ADSB-472 receives ADS-B traffic via 978>[...]