Sat, Jul 20, 2013
In one of the few GA-positive stories to come out of Washington, DC, the House of Representatives passed the Small Airplane Revitalization Act, a bill sponsored by Congressman Mike Pompeo, R-Kansas, which would revitalize America's general aviation industry by updating outdated certification regulations. T
here will be no announcement of a new president for EAA at AirVenture this year, because the organization has not yet initiated a search for a new leader. A well known National Geographic photographer has been arrested for "trespassing in the air." George Steinmetz of Glen Ridge, NJ, while working on an assignment for National Geographic, was operating the paraglider over a feedlot that contained thousands of cattle in Finney County Kansas. All this... and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 07.19.13 is chock full of info about the half-week period ending Friday, July 19th, 2013... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Ashley Hale, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Glen Moyer, this episode covers:
- Small Airplane Revitalization Act Clears The House
- EAA Likely To Open Search For New President In August
- National Geographic Photographer Arrested For Shooting From A Paraglider
- A350 XWB Racks Up 92 Flight Test Hours Since First Flight
- Entrepreneurs Work To Turn DC-7 Into An Airport Restaurant
- AeroSports! -- Rebuilding Sport Aviation, One Aviator At A Time
- Embry-Riddle Students Earn Exceptions To New FAA 1,500-Flight-Hour Rule
- Barnstorming: A Simple But Costly Matter of Integrity...
- FAA Issues SAIB For Many American Champion Aircraft Models
- NTSB Releases First Of Five General Aviation Video Safety Alerts
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, in just a few days!
© 2013, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.
Only Time Will Tell If The Booster Is Truly Reusable On November 23, 2015 Blue Origin achieved a first in rocketry and spaceflight history when their New Shepard launch vehicle suc>[...]
Facility Earmarked For Work On Falcon 8X And Falcon 5X Airplanes Dassault Falcon Jet has completed another major expansion of its Little Rock Completion Center that will add 350,00>[...]
First-Ever Forum Of Its Type Draws Over 800 International Officials Over 800 Ministers and senior officials from States, UN and international organizations have gathered at the Hea>[...]
Kremlin Say There Was No Violation Of Turkish Airspace Tensions between Russia and Turkey, and by extension NATO, escalated Tuesday when a Russian Su-24 was shot down by Turkey aft>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2015-23-06 PRODUCT: Certain Airbus Model A330-200, A330-300, and A340-300 series airplanes.>[...]