Sat, Jul 20, 2013
In one of the few GA-positive stories to come out of Washington, DC, the House of Representatives passed the Small Airplane Revitalization Act, a bill sponsored by Congressman Mike Pompeo, R-Kansas, which would revitalize America's general aviation industry by updating outdated certification regulations. T
here will be no announcement of a new president for EAA at AirVenture this year, because the organization has not yet initiated a search for a new leader. A well known National Geographic photographer has been arrested for "trespassing in the air." George Steinmetz of Glen Ridge, NJ, while working on an assignment for National Geographic, was operating the paraglider over a feedlot that contained thousands of cattle in Finney County Kansas. All this... and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 07.19.13 is chock full of info about the half-week period ending Friday, July 19th, 2013... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Ashley Hale, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Glen Moyer, this episode covers:
- Small Airplane Revitalization Act Clears The House
- EAA Likely To Open Search For New President In August
- National Geographic Photographer Arrested For Shooting From A Paraglider
- A350 XWB Racks Up 92 Flight Test Hours Since First Flight
- Entrepreneurs Work To Turn DC-7 Into An Airport Restaurant
- AeroSports! -- Rebuilding Sport Aviation, One Aviator At A Time
- Embry-Riddle Students Earn Exceptions To New FAA 1,500-Flight-Hour Rule
- Barnstorming: A Simple But Costly Matter of Integrity...
- FAA Issues SAIB For Many American Champion Aircraft Models
- NTSB Releases First Of Five General Aviation Video Safety Alerts
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, in just a few days!
© 2013, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.
Department Seeks Grants To Help Keep Aircraft Flying The police department in Toledo, OH may be forced to ground its helicopter unless it is able to identify a grant for the $300,0>[...]
Despite What Appeared To Be A Decent Ditching Effort, An Outstanding Pilot Was Lost The airshow community has suffered its second tragedy in nearly as many weeks as long-time warbi>[...]
"Putting the world's largest satellite constellation into orbit is an enormous task and Arianespace is ideally suited to launch the initial constellation, allowing OneWeb to start >[...]
Good News, Bad News... It's ALL News As the preeminent online aviation news resource out there, the editorial staff at Aero-News sees a large number of news releases. We look at al>[...]
Empire Aviation Group Selects Honeywell Technologies For Its Entire Fleet Honeywell has signed an agreement with Empire Aviation Group to provide its full suite of GoDirect connect>[...]