Sat, Jul 20, 2013
In one of the few GA-positive stories to come out of Washington, DC, the House of Representatives passed the Small Airplane Revitalization Act, a bill sponsored by Congressman Mike Pompeo, R-Kansas, which would revitalize America's general aviation industry by updating outdated certification regulations. T
here will be no announcement of a new president for EAA at AirVenture this year, because the organization has not yet initiated a search for a new leader. A well known National Geographic photographer has been arrested for "trespassing in the air." George Steinmetz of Glen Ridge, NJ, while working on an assignment for National Geographic, was operating the paraglider over a feedlot that contained thousands of cattle in Finney County Kansas. All this... and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 07.19.13 is chock full of info about the half-week period ending Friday, July 19th, 2013... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Ashley Hale, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Glen Moyer, this episode covers:
- Small Airplane Revitalization Act Clears The House
- EAA Likely To Open Search For New President In August
- National Geographic Photographer Arrested For Shooting From A Paraglider
- A350 XWB Racks Up 92 Flight Test Hours Since First Flight
- Entrepreneurs Work To Turn DC-7 Into An Airport Restaurant
- AeroSports! -- Rebuilding Sport Aviation, One Aviator At A Time
- Embry-Riddle Students Earn Exceptions To New FAA 1,500-Flight-Hour Rule
- Barnstorming: A Simple But Costly Matter of Integrity...
- FAA Issues SAIB For Many American Champion Aircraft Models
- NTSB Releases First Of Five General Aviation Video Safety Alerts
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, in just a few days!
© 2013, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.
CVR Indicates Pounding On Cockpit Door, Shouting For It To Be Opened Data retrieved from the Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) aboard the Germanwings Airbus A320 that went down in the F>[...]
Also: Nanchang CJ-6A, USAF T-X Program, UK AAIB Withholds Info, Aussie Aero-Politics, GPS Errors Found, ATC Reform House Bill HR 476 will eliminate G.I. training benefits for those>[...]
Also: ALPA v UAVs, Aero-Community Update: XPrize, FAA Streamlines UAS COAs, Airport Infrastructure, ATC Reform, New SpaceX Rocket Data retrieved from the Cockpit Voice Recorder (CV>[...]
Fun Places To Fly It may still be cold and snowy where you are, but spring is here and the flying weather will soon start to get better everywhere.>[...]
A waypoint designed to permit early turns, thus allowing the aircraft to roll out onto the center of the desired track to the next waypoint.>[...]