Sat, Jul 20, 2013
In one of the few GA-positive stories to come out of Washington, DC, the House of Representatives passed the Small Airplane Revitalization Act, a bill sponsored by Congressman Mike Pompeo, R-Kansas, which would revitalize America's general aviation industry by updating outdated certification regulations. T
here will be no announcement of a new president for EAA at AirVenture this year, because the organization has not yet initiated a search for a new leader. A well known National Geographic photographer has been arrested for "trespassing in the air." George Steinmetz of Glen Ridge, NJ, while working on an assignment for National Geographic, was operating the paraglider over a feedlot that contained thousands of cattle in Finney County Kansas. All this... and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 07.19.13 is chock full of info about the half-week period ending Friday, July 19th, 2013... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Ashley Hale, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Glen Moyer, this episode covers:
- Small Airplane Revitalization Act Clears The House
- EAA Likely To Open Search For New President In August
- National Geographic Photographer Arrested For Shooting From A Paraglider
- A350 XWB Racks Up 92 Flight Test Hours Since First Flight
- Entrepreneurs Work To Turn DC-7 Into An Airport Restaurant
- AeroSports! -- Rebuilding Sport Aviation, One Aviator At A Time
- Embry-Riddle Students Earn Exceptions To New FAA 1,500-Flight-Hour Rule
- Barnstorming: A Simple But Costly Matter of Integrity...
- FAA Issues SAIB For Many American Champion Aircraft Models
- NTSB Releases First Of Five General Aviation Video Safety Alerts
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, in just a few days!
© 2013, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.
Also: Boeing's 787-9 Demo, Hartzell's TBM Wonder-Prop, More Santa Monica Maneuvering, Garmin Global Pilot, Even more TSA Stupidity Greg Koontz has been named the recipient of this >[...]
Also: UK To OSH--By Microlight, On The Eve of Oshkosh 2014, FAA OKs SpaceX TX Launch Site, Extra-Capacity Q400 NextGen Details of the shoot down of MH17 are changing rapidly and ve>[...]
Covers AFIRS for 700/800/900 Models The FAA has granted a re-issued a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for the Hawker Beechcraft 700/800/900 model aircraft to Flyht Aerospace So>[...]
Also: Jam-Packed Opening Day Promises That "This Isn't Over" in EAA v FAA Fight ICON Aircraft has been granted a waiver by the FAA to allow a maximum gross takeoff weight to sixtee>[...]
Diamond Aviators Association The Diamond Aviators Association (the DAA) is a membership organization established to educate, promote the safety of, and support the owners and pilot>[...]