Thu, Mar 28, 2013
ANN Welcomes Cobham Commercial Systems, Integrated Systems As An AEA 2013 Sponsor!
Cobham Commercial Systems, Integrated Systems (formerly S-TEC Corporation) is the world leader in analog and digital autopilot systems.
With the industry’s largest selection of single-axis, primary two-axis, and full-function two-axis autopilots, you’ll experience smoother, more stable flight and reduced maintenance down-time. Cobham autopilots are STC’d for over 1,200 fixed wing aircraft models, and are installed on more than 35,000 airframes.
Cobham’s HeliSAS Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System enhances flight safety by reducing pilot workload and increasing flight stability. The two-axis, attitude hold, attitude command flight control system allows many cockpit functions to be performed hands-free. HeliSAS’ SAS function provides precise control during all modes of flight, regardless of wind conditions or aircraft center of gravity.
The FAA-certified Cobham Synthetic Vision EFIS employs breakthrough technology to deliver never-before-possible situational awareness and ground-breaking automated flight management capabilities. The Cobham EFIS combines advanced HUD symbology with real-time forward-looking 3-D terrain to create a primary flight display with capabilities unmatched by any other product in the world. The result is tremendously enhanced awareness, unprecedented safety, and dramatically reduced pilot workload.
Did Ya Know? COOL Facts About Cobham
- Cobham Commercial Systems Integrated Systems is a combination of Chelton Flight Systems from Boise, Idaho and S-TEC, Corporation from Mineral Wells, Texas.
- Both the Chelton EFIS products and S-TEC autopilot products are manufactured and supported at the facility in Mineral Wells, Texas.
- The web site, www.s-tec.com includes a link to all approved dealers for CCSIS. Select the “Dealer Locator” tab to view all of the approved dealers in your area.
- Operators of the Chelton Flight Systems EFIS (experimental and certified) can receive training on Navigation and Obstruction Database updating, including troubleshooting database update issues by going to our web site and selecting the Database Training link in the Databases tab. This is a self-paced training course that can be used as proof of training for Part 135 and Part 121 operators and is available at no cost.
- HeliSAS dealers can access a web-based training course by selecting the Dealer Training link in the Dealerlink tab of our web site. You must be an authorized HeliSAS dealer and have a valid username and password to access this data. More courses will be provided on EFIS and autopilot equipment in the future.
- HeliSAS and Chelton EFIS documentation for installation and continued maintenance are available in the DealerLink tab of our web site. You must be an authorized dealer with valid username and password to access the documentation.
- Autopilot and EFIS operators manuals are available on our web site by selecting the Documentation link. Other documentation including autopilot selection, product brochures, and STCs can be found in this section.
Cobham Is A Serious News-Maker!
Also: SAFE, PC-12 Theft Thwarted, MyGoFlight Heli Solutions, Updated: Bell 412EPI, Big Bell 'Relentless' Deal The AgustaWestland AW609 TiltRotor program has achieved a key mileston>[...]
Actor, Pilot, And Aviation Advocate Went Down On A California Golf Course Harrison Ford sustained moderate injuries Thursday when the the airplane he was piloting ... which appears>[...]
Winter Weather Can Sometimes Put A Crimp On Recreational Flying Unless You Have Snow Skis, Tundra Tires, Or An Ice Runway The question is; what does Alton Bay, NH have in common wi>[...]
No Injuries Among The 127 Passengers Aboard The MD-88 A Delta Airlines MD-88 with 127 passengers and five crew on board arriving from Atlanta skidded off the runway at LaGuardia Ai>[...]
Flying Stuart Little's Airplane Got a little one at home? Try your tyke out on the free online airplane game, "Flying Stuart Little's Aeroplane.">[...]