Thu, Mar 28, 2013
ANN Welcomes Cobham Commercial Systems, Integrated Systems As An AEA 2013 Sponsor!
Cobham Commercial Systems, Integrated Systems (formerly S-TEC Corporation) is the world leader in analog and digital autopilot systems.
With the industry’s largest selection of single-axis, primary two-axis, and full-function two-axis autopilots, you’ll experience smoother, more stable flight and reduced maintenance down-time. Cobham autopilots are STC’d for over 1,200 fixed wing aircraft models, and are installed on more than 35,000 airframes.
Cobham’s HeliSAS Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System enhances flight safety by reducing pilot workload and increasing flight stability. The two-axis, attitude hold, attitude command flight control system allows many cockpit functions to be performed hands-free. HeliSAS’ SAS function provides precise control during all modes of flight, regardless of wind conditions or aircraft center of gravity.
The FAA-certified Cobham Synthetic Vision EFIS employs breakthrough technology to deliver never-before-possible situational awareness and ground-breaking automated flight management capabilities. The Cobham EFIS combines advanced HUD symbology with real-time forward-looking 3-D terrain to create a primary flight display with capabilities unmatched by any other product in the world. The result is tremendously enhanced awareness, unprecedented safety, and dramatically reduced pilot workload.
Did Ya Know? COOL Facts About Cobham
- Cobham Commercial Systems Integrated Systems is a combination of Chelton Flight Systems from Boise, Idaho and S-TEC, Corporation from Mineral Wells, Texas.
- Both the Chelton EFIS products and S-TEC autopilot products are manufactured and supported at the facility in Mineral Wells, Texas.
- The web site, www.s-tec.com includes a link to all approved dealers for CCSIS. Select the “Dealer Locator” tab to view all of the approved dealers in your area.
- Operators of the Chelton Flight Systems EFIS (experimental and certified) can receive training on Navigation and Obstruction Database updating, including troubleshooting database update issues by going to our web site and selecting the Database Training link in the Databases tab. This is a self-paced training course that can be used as proof of training for Part 135 and Part 121 operators and is available at no cost.
- HeliSAS dealers can access a web-based training course by selecting the Dealer Training link in the Dealerlink tab of our web site. You must be an authorized HeliSAS dealer and have a valid username and password to access this data. More courses will be provided on EFIS and autopilot equipment in the future.
- HeliSAS and Chelton EFIS documentation for installation and continued maintenance are available in the DealerLink tab of our web site. You must be an authorized dealer with valid username and password to access the documentation.
- Autopilot and EFIS operators manuals are available on our web site by selecting the Documentation link. Other documentation including autopilot selection, product brochures, and STCs can be found in this section.
Cobham Is A Serious News-Maker!
YOU Can Contribute To The Annual List Compiled By The Staff and Readership of the ANN and Aero-TV! E-I-C Note: We're going to start naming names and dropping details THIS week--- t>[...]
Also: Big Boeing Order, Napa Tower Quaked, Landsberg Retires, Galileo Falters Breaking News! Google has unveiled an exciting new UAV project, called Project Wing, which has been un>[...]
An Impressive Line-Up Continues To Make A Solid Impact On Sport Aviation ANN CEO and Editor-In-Chief, Jim Campbell seized the opportunity to talk with Phil Solomon, the CEO of Tecn>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2014-17-04 PRODUCT: Certain Bombardier, Inc. Model CL-600-2B19 (Regional Jet Series 100 & 440) airplanes.>[...]
FAA General Aviation Airports Report Beginning in 2010, the FAA began a national review of the general aviation airports resulting in two reports, General Aviation Airports: A Nati>[...]