Thu, Mar 28, 2013
ANN Welcomes Cobham Commercial Systems, Integrated Systems As An AEA 2013 Sponsor!
Cobham Commercial Systems, Integrated Systems (formerly S-TEC Corporation) is the world leader in analog and digital autopilot systems.
With the industry’s largest selection of single-axis, primary two-axis, and full-function two-axis autopilots, you’ll experience smoother, more stable flight and reduced maintenance down-time. Cobham autopilots are STC’d for over 1,200 fixed wing aircraft models, and are installed on more than 35,000 airframes.
Cobham’s HeliSAS Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System enhances flight safety by reducing pilot workload and increasing flight stability. The two-axis, attitude hold, attitude command flight control system allows many cockpit functions to be performed hands-free. HeliSAS’ SAS function provides precise control during all modes of flight, regardless of wind conditions or aircraft center of gravity.
The FAA-certified Cobham Synthetic Vision EFIS employs breakthrough technology to deliver never-before-possible situational awareness and ground-breaking automated flight management capabilities. The Cobham EFIS combines advanced HUD symbology with real-time forward-looking 3-D terrain to create a primary flight display with capabilities unmatched by any other product in the world. The result is tremendously enhanced awareness, unprecedented safety, and dramatically reduced pilot workload.
Did Ya Know? COOL Facts About Cobham
- Cobham Commercial Systems Integrated Systems is a combination of Chelton Flight Systems from Boise, Idaho and S-TEC, Corporation from Mineral Wells, Texas.
- Both the Chelton EFIS products and S-TEC autopilot products are manufactured and supported at the facility in Mineral Wells, Texas.
- The web site, www.s-tec.com includes a link to all approved dealers for CCSIS. Select the “Dealer Locator” tab to view all of the approved dealers in your area.
- Operators of the Chelton Flight Systems EFIS (experimental and certified) can receive training on Navigation and Obstruction Database updating, including troubleshooting database update issues by going to our web site and selecting the Database Training link in the Databases tab. This is a self-paced training course that can be used as proof of training for Part 135 and Part 121 operators and is available at no cost.
- HeliSAS dealers can access a web-based training course by selecting the Dealer Training link in the Dealerlink tab of our web site. You must be an authorized HeliSAS dealer and have a valid username and password to access this data. More courses will be provided on EFIS and autopilot equipment in the future.
- HeliSAS and Chelton EFIS documentation for installation and continued maintenance are available in the DealerLink tab of our web site. You must be an authorized dealer with valid username and password to access the documentation.
- Autopilot and EFIS operators manuals are available on our web site by selecting the Documentation link. Other documentation including autopilot selection, product brochures, and STCs can be found in this section.
Cobham Is A Serious News-Maker!
It Was A Big Day For The U.S. National Aerobatic Team As Rob Holland Takes The Gold In The Four Minute Free Program On August 29 It’s been reported on the International Aerob>[...]
FAA NAS Systems Engineering Portal (SEP) This site renames the NAS Enterprise Architecture Portal and acknowledges a more robust systems engineering and planning perspective along >[...]
The maximum speed an aircraft can be safely flown while the landing gear is extended.>[...]
"Business Aviation’s global CO2 emissions are very small, being approximately 2 percent of all aviation and .04 percent of global man-made carbon emissions." Source: Excerpt >[...]
Razor, Pepper Spray Used In Conflict Between Two Women On Board Two women on board a JetBlue flight from Kingston, Jamaica to JFK airport in New York got into a brawl as the flight>[...]