Mon, Apr 09, 2012
Attendees and Exhibitors Depart the Largest Wholesale Avionics Show in the GA Industry
It was an amazing week and we're still trying to recover from it... But there is NO question that the nation's capital was a little busier this week as nearly 1,500 avionics manufacturers, dealers, installers and other general aviation professionals gathered April 3-6 at the 55th annual Aircraft Electronics Association International Convention & Trade Show at the Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
The four-day event, which is the largest wholesale avionics show in the general aviation industry, featured:
- More than 25 new avionics products and systems being introduced.
- More than 75 hours of regulatory, technical and business management training and professional development.
- An Exhibit Hall filled with the latest avionics technologies.
- The latest regulatory updates with international agency personnel.
- More than $100,000 in scholarships awarded to avionics and aviation maintenance students.
- Recognition of Paul Ryan as the recipient of the 2012 AEA Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Recognition of Jim Joubert of Pacific Southwest Instruments, recipient of the 2012 AEA Member of the Year Award.
- Recognition of Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics as the recipient of the 2012 AEA Associate Member of the Year Award.
- Live streaming across the Internet on the AEA website of the AEA Official Opening, New Product Introductions and live Exhibit Hall coverage, courtesy of the Aero-News Network.
- Free Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) certification and endorsement exams to attendees, in partnership with the National Center for Aerospace and Transportation Technologies (NCATT).
Unique social events and networking opportunities with industry colleagues.
The event was headlined by an aggressive address by AEA President, Paula Derks, in which she urged her membership to "Take Back Our Industry..."
"This was a very productive week for our members, associate members and industry. The new products introduced to the market this week will help our industry continue to grow and recover from the challenging economic realities facing our country and the international community. This year's convention theme was 'Take Pride. Take Ownership. Take Back Your Industry.' Attendees demonstrated a positive outlook toward the future with a collaborative spirit of cooperation. Our members are focused on proactively growing their businesses and developing leaders. This was evident throughout the four days in our training sessions, the Exhibit Hall and our interaction with the regulators."
The AEA Convention is the preeminent venue dedicated solely to the general aviation avionics industry. Not open to the public, the event's primary focus is to provide avionics professionals with educational and marketing opportunities between equipment manufacturers, distributors and government-certified repair stations. The general aviation avionics community knows the AEA International Convention & Trade Show is a must-attend gathering for growing their businesses, training their technicians and meeting with their customers.
In 2013, the AEA International Convention & Trade Show moves to Las Vegas, NV, March 25-28. Founded in 1957, the Aircraft Electronics Association represents more than 1,300 repair stations from throughout the world specializing in maintenance, repair and installation of avionics and electronic systems in general aviation aircraft. The AEA membership also includes manufacturers of avionics equipment, instrument repair facilities, instrument manufacturers, airframe manufacturers, test equipment manufacturers, major distributors, engineers and educational institutions.
Other Parties Expected to Weigh In Momentarily EAA Counsel Alan Farkas has filed a 48 page Petition for Review of FAA Action and Other Relief with United States Court of Appeals fo>[...]
Field Reports Raise Questions About Accurate Accounting Of Electrical Loads The FAA has issued a Special Airworthiness Information Bulletin (SAIB) focusing on the requirements and >[...]
Also: Mohr Retires-Quietly, iFly on iOS, Record Female Skydive, China Goes To The Moon, SAFE Resources EAA Counsel Alan Farkas has filed a 48 page Petition for Review of FAA Action>[...]
Seeks Relief For Forced Payment Related To ATC Activities At Wittman Regional Airport During AirVenture The EAA has filed a petition in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Ci>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2013-24-13 PRODUCT: Certain Boeing Model 737-100, -200, -200C, -300, -400, -500, -600, -700, -700C, -800, and -900 series airplanes.>[...]