Wed, Jan 23, 2013
Program Has Awarded Over $500,000 Since 2004
The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and its Schedulers & Dispatchers (S&D) Committee announced 14 recipients of the 2013 Schedulers & Dispatchers Training Scholarship Tuesday.
These training awards, given in conjunction with annual sponsors, promote the career development of current and aspiring schedulers and dispatchers. The training awards have been donated courtesy of Airline Ground Schools, Fireside Partners, Frontier, Beyond and Above Corporate Flight Attendant Training, CornerStone Strategies LLC, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, FlightSafety International, Jeppesen, MedAire, Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc. and NBAA Air Traffic Services.
The following are the recipients of the 2013 NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Training Scholarship Awards:
- Kenneth Baylor, The Flight Department USA, Inc.
- Lisa Bue, Best Jets International
- Cindy Davis, Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Marcee Means, Sugarland Airport
- Justin Craig Dillon, Universal Weather and Aviation
- Jeff Dolan, Jet Aviation Flight Services, Inc.
- Kailey Dwyer, ConAgra Foods, Inc.
- Lorenzo Flores, TASC, Inc
- Holly Gorsuch, C&S Wholesale Grocers
- Erica Hogetvedt, Thunderbird Aviation
- Corinne McCune, The Home Depot
- Adam Springmeyer, St. Joseph County Sheriff’s Dept.
- Matthew Suedkamp, Georgetown Management, LLC
- Becky Sweezea, Gentex Corporation
NBAA's S&D Committee offers scholarships through two separate but related programs that specifically promote professional and career development for business aviation schedulers and dispatchers.
The Schedulers & Dispatchers Training Scholarship Program, initiated in 2004, offers opportunities for scholarship recipients to gain access to hands-on teaching initiatives. Through a separate Schedulers & Dispatchers Scholarship Program, the committee offers cash grants, which can be used for a variety of professional development initiatives. Since 1997, more than $501,250 has been awarded to schedulers and dispatchers through this program.
Adds 24 HoursTo Ban On US Flights To Tel Aviv The FAA has issued another Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) informing U.S. airlines that Tuesday's NOTAM flight remains in effect for Israel's>[...]
Also: GA Investment, Bud and Ross Granley, C-9 Farewell, Jepp FlightDeck, How To Find ANN At Oshkosh Garmin’s “Team X” is dedicated to experimental aircraft avion>[...]
Abandoned & Little Known Airfields Obviously the author's labor of love, "Abandoned & Little Known Airfields" is a listing by state of airstrips either off the beaten path,>[...]
The highest instantaneous wind speed observed or recorded.>[...]
"Participation at the Oshkosh airshow has become a staple for NTSB investigators and staff.” Source: NTSB Acting Chairman Christopher A. Hart.>[...]