Tue, Apr 08, 2003
Tossed In Wastebasket, Spray Can Discharges
people were treated for chemical exposure and four of them were
taken to the hospital after a worker at Seattle-Tacoma
International Airport accidentally activated a can of pepper
Careful What You Throw Away...
About 10:45 a.m. Sunday, a passenger going through the Concourse
B security check turned in the spray. The worker then tossed the
can into a wastebasket, causing it to go off.
Some people nearby fainted. Those taken to the
hospital suffered from respiratory problems. Airport spokesman Bob
Parker said the concourse was closed for 45 minutes while the area
was aired out.
Southwest Airlines delayed six flights because passengers
couldn't get through the concourse.
"(The) successful launch of the NROL-39 mission is a testament to the tremendous government-industry partnership. We greatly appreciate the teamwork with the NRO Office of Space La>[...]
Lost Communications Loss of the ability to communicate by radio. Aircraft are sometimes referred to as NORDO (No Radio). Standard pilot procedures are specified in 14 CFR Part 91. >[...]
Aero Linx: The Story Of World War 1 Aviation The Spark That Set the World Aflame: The assassination of Archduke Francis Ferdinand, heir to throne of Austria-Hungary, and his wife i>[...]
A Powerful New Tool For You To Use For Your Aero-Conversations Want to start a conversation about a story you've seen on Aero-News? It's even easier with Disqus, a powerful, web-ba>[...]
NROL-39 Mission Boosted From Vandenberg AFB Thursday Night A United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V rocket carrying a payload for the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) lifted off >[...]