Fri, Dec 28, 2012
SpaceX's Grasshopper took a 12-story leap towards full and rapid rocket reusability in a test flight conducted December 17, 2012 at SpaceX’s rocket development facility in McGregor, Texas. Score one for grassroots advocacy.
The State of New Mexico, which had proposed a general ban on amphibious aircraft and seaplanes from all of its state parks, relented following an effort spearheaded in part by 'The Seaplane Forum' online. The first fully outfitted ultra-large-cabin, ultra-long-range Gulfstream G650 aircraft has been delivered to its new owner... a U.S. customer. This important first delivery came just hours after Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. received two important certifications for its new flagship aircraft. All this... and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 12.28.12 is chock full of info about the half-week period ending Friday, December 28th, 2012... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Host Ashley Hale, and supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalists Tom Patton, and Glen Moyer, this episode covers:
- SpaceX Grasshopper Test
- New Mexico Relents On Proposed State Park Seaplane Ban
- Gulfstream Receives FAA PC, Begins Deliveries Of Outfitted G650s
- SpaceShipTwo Completes 1st Glide In Powered Flight Configuration
- Florida City Banking On SeaRey Production To Solidify Brand As 'Seaplane City'
- Prepar3D Now Compatible With ForeFlight Mobile
- FAA, NPS Release Air Tour Reporting Guidance
- Carter Slowed-Rotor VTOL Demonstrates Impressive Lift-To-Drag Values
- FAA Exceeds 3,000 WAAS LPV Approaches
- WingX Pro7 Version 6.9 Adds Multiple Features
- Happy New Year From ANN and Airborne!
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, in just a few days!
© 2012, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.
Also: Air Show Industry Honors 3, Night OSH Airshow, 'New' Wright Flyer, NTSB Unhappy With UPS/Union, Sleepy Chinese Controllers Pipistrel has flown its two-place electric trainer >[...]
AD NUMBER: 2014-16-26 PRODUCT: Certain Dassault Aviation Model Falcon 900EX airplanes.>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2014-16-28 PRODUCT: Certain Empresa Brasileira de Aeronautica S.A. (Embraer) Model EMB-135BJ airplanes.>[...]
The OX Aviation Pioneers Club The club focuses on the era of the Curtiss OX5 engine and the early aviators.>[...]
A great-circle track is the shortest distance between two points on a sphere, and when viewed on a 2-dimensional map the track will appear curved.>[...]